cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX501GI-XS74 Aura software doesn't work

chandlerrsimpso
Level 7
I just bought an ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501GI-XS74 laptop and the pre-installed Aura Core software is not working. It does not even open. I tried downloading a several different versions, uninstalled and reinstalled, and reset the program and my computer, but to no avail. I've looked everywhere and can't find any support. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

bmw99950
Level 9
How do you install it?

Clintlgm
Level 14
chandlerrsimpson wrote:
I just bought an ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501GI-XS74 laptop and the pre-installed Aura Core software is not working. It does not even open. I tried downloading a several different versions, uninstalled and reinstalled, and reset the program and my computer, but to no avail. I've looked everywhere and can't find any support. Any ideas?

Have you uninstalled and then installed the version that is contained in your eSupport folder?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

davemon50
Level 11
There's a July 12th BIOS update, ensure you have it.

Also, the support says to go to the MS store to install this. Did you do that?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/rog-aura-core/9pg5q8nsf0zc?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab
Davemon50

Have the GX501Gi too, definitely use the ones form the support page from ASUS, need to download three components, the one from the Microsoft Store, the core components and the lighting service (use the install.bat as admin for the last two). At first it seems to not work or sync with the keyboard but play with the fn key and the keyboard shortcuts, I think it recalibrates it after a few times and a few restarts, wit works pretty much like the original. I've still yet to get my Gamevisual to work.