cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GL703VM fan control + heat problrms

calibrated
Level 7
Hi all! i have GL703VM Scar model with 7700hq and gtx 1060...it gets hot,with turbo boost and normal gpu clock it goes to CPu 96C and GPU 90C when playing COD WW2...when CPU undervolted and without turbo boost it reaches 80-85 and gpu undervolted reaches to 80C..it seems hot to me...does anyone knows how to ramp up fans to 100%? any program? i used FN+F5 for fan overboost but seems to me that it does nothing(however it shows on screen that i change profile but does nothing).
I tried various programs but none gives me possibility to ramp the fans up. I also have cooling pad but doesent help....
Also did someone tried repaste and did it get some good results? It drives me crazy...
6 REPLIES 6

calibrated
Level 7

Temps

prevostmario
Level 7
My gl703vm do the same thing,,,,

prevostmario wrote:
My gl703vm do the same thing,,,,

same ++

matau
Level 9
Check my 3th post in this thread, it may help you.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103961-GL703VM-overheat-cpu-93-gpu-94

Hi folks i menaged to get the temps down...first i undervolted gpu to 825mv,then i shut off turbo boost,then i undervolted cpu to -140mv....but after that i also had high temps...then i realized that cooling pad blocked with its pattern already small holes on underneath the laptop...removed the cooling pad but kept laptop upped 3 cm beyond the table to keep vents free...got 5 degrees smaller temps and full speed vent kicked in at 71 degrees instead of 88 degrees when i had cooler blocking the vents....now i removed the bottom housing from laptop and have maximum temp of 75 after 2 hours of gaming call of duty ww2 which is high demanding game.Awesome results! I plan to drill holes into my bottom case 😄 Now the question is...It is worth to do the repaste with liquid metal or normal high quality paste for even few more degrees less?

calibrated wrote:
Hi folks i menaged to get the temps down...first i undervolted gpu to 825mv,then i shut off turbo boost,then i undervolted cpu to -140mv....but after that i also had high temps...then i realized that cooling pad blocked with its pattern already small holes on underneath the laptop...removed the cooling pad but kept laptop upped 3 cm beyond the table to keep vents free...got 5 degrees smaller temps and full speed vent kicked in at 71 degrees instead of 88 degrees when i had cooler blocking the vents....now i removed the bottom housing from laptop and have maximum temp of 75 after 2 hours of gaming call of duty ww2 which is high demanding game.Awesome results! I plan to drill holes into my bottom case 😄 Now the question is...It is worth to do the repaste with liquid metal or normal high quality paste for even few more degrees less?

wtf bro you live a risky life xdd