cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Fan going bonkers when idle/normal use in GL502VM-FY022T

william11411
Level 7
A few months ago my gpu fan randomly started spinning up to 100%, after an hour or so it died down and worked like normal since.

About a week ago it did the same again, but this time it spun up... and stayed on 100% for about the whole time I was using the device. After a reboot it seemed like normal again
Last weekend, I booted the device... everything looked like normal... and after 10 minutes it went on 100% again and it kept going even after a reboot. it's been like this ever since. I can only slow it down after I let it run a super intensive program/game on the gpu and make it run real hot or something.

I am not sure if this is normal or not, but it appears some other people have this problem too. I simply don't have the time to send this into RMA, does anyone know a fix for this?
1 REPLY 1

strixguy1
Level 8
does the unit feature a ROG gamng centre macro or the gaming center software? if so are you able to see if the fan speed is still at Auto or whether it has been boosted?

If the 502 doesnt have that software feature, and when you turn it on it immediately from boot / OS load starts ramping up to MAX RPM, you may have a faulty onboard controller for the Fan. If that's the case, you'll only be able to have it sorted by RMA'ing it to ASUS.