cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rma u must be joking g752vy

Spirery1
Level 7
After 11 months of hell with ASUS/repairer my laptop has gone back for the 5th time. Was told yesterday they put a new motherboard (the 3rd its had) only to be told that that one is also faulty. I mean, come on! 4 motherboards, 2 LCD's, 2 lots of fans, 2 lots of modules and pipes and I'm still being told that the CPU running over 90 degress is normal with the GPU running at 64 degrees. So it's obviously still throttling. Is this a joke? cause its sure feels like it. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. £1399 I paid for it, which is a lot of money to spend on something that has never worked as it should. The repairer has played on it more than I have!
I phoned ASUS and the case has been put up higher in the chain so I'm now just waiting for a call back.11 Month headache calls and emails never had this with any other company even msi replaced my sons old gaming laptop second time but cpu 91c normal Angry really doesnt cover it now vapor chamber coolest on the market hate to see the highest .
30 REPLIES 30

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sounds like you have a problem that Dreamonic sorted out with the G752VY the heat sink and pipes are not leveled up with the CPU I remember him describing how he had to actually bend them to get them to sit level and equally between the GPU And CPU. Most likely the repair shop working on your notebook has no clue or talent to fix this. I don't game but my G752VY doesn't get out of the 70's on any bench test including Test In and Furmark
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Spirery1
Level 7
Total joke tbh safe at 91c rofl just sick of it.

Spirery1
Level 7
The cpu on furmark is 98c even 99c even sent screen shots told them today to test it and what to do all i got was 91c is normal then sorry the motherboard is faulty asus program found a gpu fault so mobo number 3 and we have both CPU and GPU at 100 stress gpu 64 cpu 91c taken all i can not to blow a fuse atm just wait and see what asus say and do maybe someone should go over from asus and show them how to fix it or ship parts that work .

dookooo
Level 7
I have been with Asus ROG series since 2011 , didn't have a lot of problems with my 2 ROG laptops , but the last was G752VY , the screen was faulty and had vertical blue lines , i was about to spend a lot of money to replace it through support , but i decide that it was enough for ASUS and the bad support , i sold it and moving to Alienware 17 R5.

Spirery1
Level 7
Repaier called ASUS for technical help on how to fix the laptop as they had no idea temps where still crazy as they have replaced hardware several times they said but hopefully now done 100% cpu now is 95c and GPU 80c asus say its ok should be here tommorrow or friday just got off talking to them then mail from DPD.Use they put there hands up and phoned ASUS and have kept me well informed hopfully i then can enjoy my laptop.

MrRuckus
Level 10
95c is still pretty high, even for a G752JY.. The GTX 980 is hot, but the dual fan solution in the G752 is really well built. Just grabbed this from my old G752JY which is now my sons. Logged into it remotely while he is asleep so its just idle. I haven't blown out the fans in a while and he sometimes leaves the laptop on a game startup screen so it gets a lot of GPU use. Even with the fans not blown out in a while, He is still pretty low at idle. I remember the load temps in the high 70's to low 80's. Never in the 90's. I dont think even with furmark running.

(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

MrRuckus wrote:
95c is still pretty high, even for a G752JY.. The GTX 980 is hot, but the dual fan solution in the G752 is really well built. Just grabbed this from my old G752JY which is now my sons. Logged into it remotely while he is asleep so its just idle. I haven't blown out the fans in a while and he sometimes leaves the laptop on a game startup screen so it gets a lot of GPU use. Even with the fans not blown out in a while, He is still pretty low at idle. I remember the load temps in the high 70's to low 80's. Never in the 90's. I dont think even with furmark running.

My G752VY Ambient temp here is 23 74833
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Spirery1
Level 7
Will test it when I get it back and see it’s on it’s last RMA replace/refund if it’s not working hope it is but 95c is hot thought vapour chamber is the coolest on the market just have to wait and see first before I blow another fuse emails phone calls talking to the repairer it’s been one big 11 month headache.

Spirery1
Level 7
My model is G752VY-T7049T 6820HK it’s in are bedroom for my wife to watch her stuff in the day as she’s disabled and me to game at night doesn’t get hot cold air fans are always on but it always been hot idleing 39-42 cpu gpu 39c reason I got it was for the vapour chamber didnt want a cooling mat and spec ofc.So sick of it now it’s like a joke that’s gone to far the repairer said they had the same model in for repair and they where around the same temps on both laptops after a few hours of testing they believe 95c Cpu 80c Gpu max to be fine as they where both around the same temps so they sent it out .