cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z87-A Bios help required

Ceribrus
Level 7
Dear ROG Community

Please can you help me, firstly allow me to say that I am not a tech wiz. However as it was 40th recently I decided to treat myself to a few upgrades on my gaming PC. As I was buying myself a new GFX card and RAM, I was advised to also upgrade my PSU. I was also Advised that it would be a good idea to upgrade my BIOS aswell.

The upgrades I installed myself, all without a hitch. However the problem I find myself facing now is that my BIOS will not give me the option to select the correct drive to boot from. My windows 10 (Upgraded) 64bit version is installed on my 120 GB Samsung SSD EVO drive.

Previous BIOS version 2005
Current BIOS Version 2103

The only drives that BIOS gives me the option to boot from are my 500GB HD.

I am greatful for any help you can provide me.
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
I don't have your board but it doesn't sound like a board specific issue. A common feature of most modern boards is that there is a section for boot order which includes things like USB, optical, SATA, and they have a separate section to choose disk drive priority. So you just need to find that and change your SSD to the top.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Yes of course, however what I failed to relay on my first post was that the BIOS options dont seem to be detecting my SSD boot drive in order for me to specify to it that the SSD is the drive I want to boot from. I have to go into BIOS each time and select it from the BOOT menu (f8). But by doing that, it does not save this information.

xeromist
What happens if you disconnect all other drives? Does it show up then? Does it boot correctly?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Erwin05
Level 10
After a bios update you have to press F5 and then do your bios settings.
Maybe you can fill in your pc specs.

Maybe you can get some info from this movie.