cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING addressable led to RGB header ?

xcomp666
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I bought a mini-itx case ( A1 with RGB), inwin fans with RGB .
After install everything I realize that this Asus ROG z370 i-gaming MB uses this addressable 5V WS2812b for strips, not the regular RGB 12V header! :mad:
So, is this possible to adapt it to use as a Regular RGB header and Aura sysnc ?
:confused:
Thanks ,

Marcos
1 REPLY 1

Shub-Meister
Level 7
I have the same issue and can only use the base RGB LED in default blue. Also I bought four In Win Polaris RGB fans and there is no way to control RGB colors with Aura because the Z370-i's 5v RGB header is not compatible. I asked In Win and they told me to look at Thermaltake TT Sync Controller, but it does not work with these fans or the base RGB lighting since it only has 9 pin USB2.0 connector ports for devices (so Thermaltake Riing Plus TT fans, which have 9 pin USB2.0 connectors would work with this controller, but not Polaris fans). I don't understand why Asus didn't include or use a 12v RGB header. This is a big hassle.

Maybe there's another controller out there that would wortk but I haven't found it yet. Let me know if you or anyone else has any thoughts. Thanks