cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed on fan controllers.

Rob_W_
Level 12
I have hit on a problem with gpu rad fans that I need advice on if someone could help?
My gpu is on its own custom loop, I have the pump plugged into pump 2 on mobo and the rad fans ( 3 x vardar 140) are plugged to fan header 2, problem is there seems to be no control over them, they come on and off it seems with cpu and mobo temps but not with gpu temps,
I have only realised this since setting fan curve much lower for gpu ,( setting max fan speed at 42deg) I have tried in gpu tweak, afterburner, *qfan in bios does not alter to gpu temps either.
Question,
have I completely missed something setting this up, or do I need a separate fan controller for gpu.
Any recommendations on a controller? If that’s what’s needed.
Thanks.*
Edit; HWinfo always displays gpu fan at 0 rpm?*
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
monitoring software is reading the video card fan speed, since your water cooled = 0
I don't believe any motherboard headers can be controlled by GPU temps

I would suggest a good manual fan controller but I am a little old school

Menthol wrote:
monitoring software is reading the video card fan speed, since your water cooled = 0
I don't believe any motherboard headers can be controlled by GPU temps

I would suggest a good manual fan controller but I am a little old school

as I thought, but thanks for confirming @Menthol , will look at what fan controllers are about.
🙂

kkn
Level 14
well if you want a fan controller that you can controll by OS kinda, they can be bit expensive.
i have/had the aquaero 5 xt controller wirtch i could controll fans by temp ( inline temp probe ) by USB interface, but it cost's a sweet penny.

Rob_W_
Level 12
KKn,
thanks for the info, after loads of searching i have ordered the aquaero 6xt, £30 off as well and yep, at £145.99 they are pricey but the amount of features is brill! will do the job nicely.