cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EK-FB ASUS Strix X470 RGB Monoblock compatible with Asus Strix X370 -F Gaming?

Unryzer
Level 7
Hello,

as i mentioned above, is the X470 Monoblock compatible with the X370 Strix? The Boards are pretty similar (with the 2 crosshair 6 and 7 boards, it does work, if u use the crosshair 6 waterblock on the crosshair 7) . Also, i dont understand, why EK didnt release a waterblock for the X370, but for the Z270/370 Version, they did.
5 REPLIES 5

DJ_LFD
Level 8
ASUS Strix 370 boards are LGA 1151 (300 Series)... look for that in Specifications.

Unryzer
Level 7
I think, u missunderstand. The Asus Strix X(!)370 is an AMD AM4 socket Board, also the X470 Strix. Is it possible, that the Monoblock, which is designed for the X470, is compatible with the X370 Strix(because of the huge similarity between the 2)?

Coolers, liquid or air, and CPU's are not only designed for motherboards, there are in the specifications which socket type they are.

the X470 Strix's socket type: AM4 is an AMD only socket type and has a specific mounting bracket type. the X370 Strix is also AM4, so yes they are compatible because they are both "Socket Type AM4".

Sorry about that, missed the X in front of the name and confused it with Z370, which i own myself... Had to look them up on newegg to get specs, even if you're not going to buy from newegg their specifications on the product page are second-to-none 😉

Unryzer
Level 7
Ok, Thank u. But in this case, we are talking about the monoblocks from EK, which are (normally) only designed for one specific motherboard in mind, because monoblocks, not only cool the CPU, but also the VRM on the motherboard.

After some research I managed to find some photos of the X370-F PCB and the X470-F PCB. To me it seems like the left heatsink (the Vcore one) holes are further away on the X370-F compared to the equivalent holes on the X470-F. Thus, they are most likely not compatible... Unless you are willing to sacrifice screwing in the screw of one of the VRM heatsink holes, which would probably lead to pressure/contact issues with the VRM.

Note: The images may take a while to load.