cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking CPU Failure!

Saint-Gamer
Level 7
Hello Guys out there...
Several times I got my PC completely freezed and every my LEDs lights on my board frezzed also, and when I force shut down the PC from main power button (only way to restart it) and, power it up again.
It tells me Overclocking CPU Failure, Enter setup to reconfigure the setup and , it's working fine after that.
I'm just using the XMP from my G-Skill memory and it's overclocking the RAMS to 3000 MHz and CPU to 4.00GHz That's all happened on
Mobo: Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: I7 6900K
RAM : G-Skill 16GB

Please... any help in that or advise to prevent that from happening.
4 REPLIES 4

Menthol
Level 14
Any time you manually restart it will show this error on reboot.
Your system is not 100% stable, more than likely you will need some manual tuning of memory or voltage settings to get it stable at XMP speed.

There are several memory tuning guides here on the forums, and you will need to list your exact memory kit model number for any additional help

Menthol wrote:
Any time you manually restart it will show this error on reboot.
Your system is not 100% stable, more than likely you will need some manual tuning of memory or voltage settings to get it stable at XMP speed.

There are several memory tuning guides here on the forums, and you will need to list your exact memory kit model number for any additional help

This is the model of my memory kit (F4-3000C15Q-16GRBB).
Website https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15q-16grbb

MENINBLK
Level 7
Hello Saint-Gamer,

I am using the SAME BOARD with a Core i7 Extreme 5960X @ 4.4 GHz and 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM.
I am also using the 1902 BIOS.

Anytime my system crashes or freezes, the reboot gives me the same error as you.
It is something I have come to learn to live with, with ASUS Motherboards.

I had the Rampage 4, Black Edition, with the Core i7 Extreme 4960X @ 4.2 GHz and 32GB of G.Skill DDR3 and it did the same thing too.

Just press F1, go to the EXIT SCREEN and select SAVE and RESET.
The BIOS will say you have not made any changes, are you sure you want to save ?
Say YES. Your system will reboot and come up normally.

Pete...

MENINBLK wrote:
Hello Saint-Gamer,

I am using the SAME BOARD with a Core i7 Extreme 5960X @ 4.4 GHz and 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM.
I am also using the 1902 BIOS.

Anytime my system crashes or freezes, the reboot gives me the same error as you.
It is something I have come to learn to live with, with ASUS Motherboards.

I had the Rampage 4, Black Edition, with the Core i7 Extreme 4960X @ 4.2 GHz and 32GB of G.Skill DDR3 and it did the same thing too.

Just press F1, go to the EXIT SCREEN and select SAVE and RESET.
The BIOS will say you have not made any changes, are you sure you want to save ?
Say YES. Your system will reboot and come up normally.

Pete...

Actually yeah.... you are right. it's working now just find and like a charm maybe some sort of bug or anything like that idk... anyway thanks for help 😄