cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X299 Extreme Dimm.2 Support 2x Drives

flamemc
Level 7
Hi All

Ive been using the Asus X299 extreme with the Dimm.2 riser and one samsung evo M.2 Drive

Now i bought a second M.2 drive today just for extra storage, ive put it in the second dimm.2 M.2 space as i cannot access the second m.2 slot at the bottom of the motherboard due to my graphics card covering the slot.

Does anyone have any advice on what needs to be set in bios to get both drives showing.

The cpu im using is the 7820x

Any help appreciated.

Ive tried all settings possible and it still wont show, both m.2 leds are lit red so its showing on the dimm.2
6 REPLIES 6

flamemc
Level 7
Just read this, i assume its why its not showing up ?

From manual
"28 lane cpus do not support pcie 8_4 and m.2_2(dimm.2)"

I guess i will have to put it in the m.2 slot under the gpus, this is going to be difficult as theres 2x watercooled gpus above, gonna have to drain the system to fit it, unless theres a work around to get the dimm.2 working with the 7820x

kkn
Level 14
pull both gpu's at once as long as there is some one that can help you with it.
just be as carefull as you can when doing so, pull all power to the system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flamemc
Level 7
Problem ive got its hard tube 😞

So theres no way to lift them off the board 😞

Im going to have to drain the loop to take them out.

Pretty much same layout as the pic below.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q315/managerman/900d/900d-15Large.jpg

G75rog
Level 10
Ahhh, the life of a hard tuber. 😉
I became lazy and gave all my tubed stuff to my son. Bought a Vega 64 Liquid and put a NZXT AIO on the 7900X. Not as pretty but, it's quiet.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Nightmare time as I see it,lol.
I need to drain my dual loops just to install temp sensors and been dreading it ( again) *Even
though it’s soft tube,, it may not look as nice but I’m realising the benefits,:D
Wishing you luck. flamemc

Rob W. wrote:
Nightmare time as I see it,lol.
I need to drain my dual loops just to install temp sensors and been dreading it ( again) *Even
though it’s soft tube,, it may not look as nice but I’m realising the benefits,:D
Wishing you luck. flamemc

There's not much advantage to soft tubing *unless* one is using it in tandem with quick disconnect fittings. This means it's possible to remove any one component without having to drain the loop.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090