cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with - Asus X99-M WS

EXILE157
Level 7
What's Up! Everyone! and thank you for taking your time reading this.

I don't OC and never did it before, seems very confusing to me and I don't want to kill my Rig...lol...

- I need help figuring out why does my Asus X99-M WS reads the GSkills Trident RGB 64GB (4x16) only @ 48GB??
- When I had only 32GB (2x16) it had no issues.

The MoBo was always on Auto OC detect and XMP was on, until now with all slots taken I was getting wired (Codes on the MoBo) and it wouldn't reboot it was just hanging trying to read the XMP??....A few times I had to do a hard reboot and that worked, but again >> only reading 48GB.

Finally after reading an old 2017 similar post somewhere, someone suggested ( to set XMP to Manual and that actually works reading all 64GB...It suck's but it works.

How can I make this work under XMP or Auto?

I hope I didn't confused you guys....
*Lian Li PC-011D (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z63/Corsair QL Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.
6 REPLIES 6

EXILE157
Level 7
WoW! Not one person that can at least try to help me?
*Lian Li PC-011D (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z63/Corsair QL Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

Nate152
Hi EXILE157

I don't have your board but my first question, are you combining memory kits or using a single 64GB kit ?

64GB will put more strain on the cpu's IMC which may require vccio voltage and system agent voltage adjustments.

X.M.P. is one click overclocking for your ram and sets it to its rated specs, X.M.P. can be hit or miss. It looks like it was a miss but since you got it stable manually (which I prefer), it looks like you're good to go. 🙂

See what the cpu vccio and cpu system agent voltages are reading.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi EXILE157

I don't have your board but my first question, are you combining memory kits or using a single 64GB kit ?

64GB will put more strain on the cpu's IMC which may require vccio voltage and system agent voltage adjustments.

X.M.P. is one click overclocking for your ram and sets it to its rated specs, X.M.P. can be hit or miss. It looks like it was a miss but since you got it stable manually (which I prefer), it looks like you're good to go. 🙂

See what the cpu vccio and cpu system agent voltages are reading.
Thank You for the response. I bought 2 sets of (2x16) and far as 'IMC" and "vccio" goes, I have no clue what that even means?

Nate152
Thank you.

Combining kits can sometimes present problems and because the sticks were not tested as a complete kit, XMP is pretty much out the window. If they're working by setting them manually, jump for joy. 🙂

IMC = The cpu's Integrated Memory Controller

On the Extreme Tweaker tab you should have "CPU VCCIO voltage" and "CPU System Agent voltage". If these two voltages are on auto, check to see what they're showing, normally the board will auto overvolt these voltages a bit and can be lowered to help reduce cpu temps a few degrees.

The CPU VCCIO and CPU System Agent voltages feed the cpu's IMC to help stabilize high speed/capacity ram.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you.

Combining kits can sometimes present problems and because the sticks were not tested as a complete kit, XMP is pretty much out the window. If they're working by setting them manually, jump for joy. 🙂

IMC = The cpu's Integrated Memory Controller

On the Extreme Tweaker tab you should have "CPU VCCIO voltage" and "CPU System Agent voltage". If these two voltages are on auto, check to see what they're showing, normally the board will auto overvolt these voltages a bit and can be lowered to help reduce cpu temps a few degrees.

The CPU VCCIO and CPU System Agent voltages feed the cpu's IMC to help stabilize high speed/capacity ram.
Thanks for the info!...Funny thing is I went into the Bios and turn the XMP on Auto and OC on Auto and now it reads all 4 memory @ 64GB.....Weird??

Nate152