cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more 1ms gsync monitors

phatec
Level 7
There is a a lack of 1ms (response time) gsync monitors on the market, not quite sure why this is.

I’ve tried both of the ROG and Predator 144hz IPS monitors which have an extremely slow response time. So much so that it causes headaches due to the motion blur. I understand there is technology built into the monitors to reduce the motion blur but it doesn’t work well enough.

Back when I had a “gaming” CRT monitor the response time was around 6-8ms, that was considered fast, of course the monitors also had a thin wireline in the middle of the screen which was a standard with these types of gaming monitors.

Then when LCD flat panel monitors were released the craze was about who can get the lowest MS response time in their monitor, I eventually purchased a 1ms Samsung monitor to replace my CRT and it was night and day, I left the CRT monitor in the laundry room of my apartment for someone to take for free.

*I currently now have a Samsung 1080p 100hz, 1ms monitor which I’ve been using for a good 6 years now, unfortunately there has not been much on the market which would suffice a replacement of the monitor. However a 4K 144hz 1ms monitor would be sufficient for that change.

My thought is, why are companies still building monitors with a slow GTG ms response time of around 4-6 ms? This slow response time was generally for monitors which were meant for graphic design, architecture and office use. Why has things changed where we now have gaming monitors with a slow response time and the craze is about hz refresh rate? The blur of a slow ms response time monitor is much more noticeable because of the pixels take too long to render and refresh, I don’t get it. *

Yes I could get the PG278QR, but I’ve tested it, and it’s not much different than my Samsung monitor especially when I adjust my settings and resolution to 200% pixel resolution.

When will we have 4K 144hz 1ms monitors?

1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
Well, technology is developing so fast nowadays that it's hard to keep up. I'm thinking that everything is done for marketing purposes but I'm sure that manufacturer's have already in their warehouses 4K 144hz 1ms monitor's but they just want to sell out the remaining supplies they have. It's just how business guide's & follow's. Maybe they'll start bringing them to the market in a year or so, I don't know, I could be mistaken.
Yeah, I remember the CRT monitor era, then it all change with flat screen model's and now it's all about those megahertz. Personally, I prefer a LED tv however an OLED tv would be my choice, though way too expensive 😞