cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Saved Bios Settings Into New Bios?

SlackROG
Level 10
I saved my bios profile because I overclocked the board, and I didn't want to have to do all the settings over again.

I flashed a new bios, and when I tried to import the settings, it would not work, which made me feel like these settings saved, are only good on the bios you are on?

Can saved bios settings, be imported to newer bios, if so, how? Because this isn't working for me.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

pndiode
Level 11

SlackROG
Level 10
@ASUS, this is STUPID we need to take screen shots, or write down the settings!

@pndiode

Thanks

You can save the settings in text form and print those.

SlackROG wrote:
@ASUS, this is STUPID we need to take screen shots, or write down the settings!

It is actually not stupid at all. Each "bios" may work differently and settings and their impact change. Importing settings from xxxa release to xxxb release can cause some users problems. Basically, if you know so little about your overclock you can't make those changes after flashing a new bios you probably shouldn't be overclocking. I change 7 settings each time and it takes me about 30 seconds because I have learned and understand the UEFI environment. I suggest you do the same.

ondersma80 wrote:
It is actually not stupid at all. Each "bios" may work differently and settings and their impact change. Importing settings from xxxa release to xxxb release can cause some users problems. Basically, if you know so little about your overclock you can't make those changes after flashing a new bios you probably shouldn't be overclocking. I change 7 settings each time and it takes me about 30 seconds because I have learned and understand the UEFI environment. I suggest you do the same.

I'm a Geek, I've been doing this a very long time.

So if your comments weren't being rude, then becareful, people may take a comment like this the wrong way as rude.

My rant was over the hopes that maybe some day things like this can change.

SlackROG wrote:
I'm a Geek, I've been doing this a very long time.

So if your comments weren't being rude, then becareful, people may take a comment like this the wrong way as rude.

My rant was over the hopes that maybe some day things like this can change.

Well handled
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?

Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.

Snakeyes wrote:
Well handled

Well I was trying to be nice... 🙂

Those parts like;

it is actually not stupid
if you know so little
you probably shouldn't be overclocking
I suggest you do the same

Well maybe some others might of thought this is being smart...

Well gee I've only been on the forum for 5 years, I guess I'm still a noob that doesn't know what he's doing! LOL 😉

Anyhow...

I also want this feature and would pay more for it.
It can be done and there are many ways to implement it correctly.

I only want to import the settings I input, not the old defaults.
I want the settings I inputted loaded on top of the new defaults.
If a previous setting I inputted is not present in the new bios, just give me a warning identifying that option.
If someone does't find this useful, there's always the option not to use it 🙂

Snakeyes
Level 11
It depends on the motherboard. In the Maximus X motherboards, it is possible to save a text file with all the settings of a particular bios profile. Saves the hassle of screenshots. Also, it is not uncommon for different bios versions to have different XMP adjustments that are not obvious. The text file is very comprehensive and these adjustments can be identified.
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?

Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.