Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Question major PC stutter with most modern games

I purchased the base i5 7400 model of the ROG GR8 II around a year ago. Within the last few months, I've been noticing that nearly every modern game i run has this major stuttering issue, whether it be long load times in quake champions, stutter whenever something new happens in FFXV, or textures not loading in until I'm right next to them like in fortnite. I believe this is something to do with the fact that when i fist bought my pc, i thought i could fuse the C and D drives together so i could have 1 big storage medium. I realized i just linked the SSD and HDD together. I'm not entirely sure if this is the issue, but it's the closest thing i have to a lead. The only reason i can think this isn't the issue is because defragging the C drive doesnt help whatsoever. I also have no clue how to unlink them. Is there a program i can use to see what's actually causing the issue, or is this 100% it? If this is the issue, can i unlink them without buying a new SSD or HDD? Thanks in advance.