cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53SV: RMA did not fix the problem

brianw
Level 7
On Dec 31st, I purchased a new laptop (A53SV) with at GT540m graphics card. The card never worked; it runs temperatures over 100 degrees within 10 or so seconds of being activated, which seems to be not an uncommon problem (for example, here). After some back-and-forth with support, they gave me an RMA (which took three tries, but that's another story), so I sent the computer in for repair. It came back yesterday with a checklist saying that the issue was duplicated and that they replaced the system board. However, when I started it up this morning, the problem is clearly not fixed. The NVIDIA GPU is still unusable, temps go over 100 degrees right away.

I really need to get this issue fixed by the end of the month, since I am moving to Germany on 2/27 (I'm in Washington DC now) and will need this for work. I'm hesitant to just send the computer in for repair again without some kind of guarantee the problem actually gets fixed, and also assurance that it gets returned to me before I leave the country. I'd also prefer that it be at ASUS's expense, since the laptop never worked properly. Does anyone experienced with ASUS support know how best to go about this?

Thanks for reading and for any help you can provide.
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please read the Sticky about USA RMA - and contact one of those folks they might be better suited to assist.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thank You for bringing this to our attention in such a self respecting manner.
23 days .. and counting..
I am sending out a few PM's .. to see if we cant bring this time sensitive matter
to 'someones' attention a.s.a.p... hopefully.
Best of Luck.. keep us posted.. and hit us back up when u get to Germany..
see.. i think it can be done...lets see.

'came back with a checklist' ?? a work bench sheet ?? signed ?? who signed it ??
from which facility ?? Do tell.
We are all fed up with this. A 'few' employees that dont have the ROG for this
equipment that we do. Love what you do and show it==or unemployment is that way ======>

This stains all the hard dedicated work that actually goes on 24/7 @ Asus. Wait til you meet OUR ROGguys. Salute.c.

HVZ:::for example :]

Thanks for the reply, chrsplmr. The "checklist" says "laptop repair summary" at the top. It doesn't have a signature or any name on it. No facility name, though I do know that it was shipped to the one in California.

HiVizMan, I don't see any specific contact info on the US RMA sticky, just the regular hotline number, which I've used in the past with little success. There doesn't seem to be much direct communication between them and the repair center. What I'd like is to make sure that the GPU actually gets tested before it's returned to me, so that I receive a functional laptop in return. On the other sticky (ASUS ROG support guide...), I see "If you've already posted in the forum and the feedback you received has not fixed the issue(s), then contact the following @ASUS staff depending on what product you need assistance with", but I don't see any actual contact info there. Perhaps I'm just missing something, but if there is a specific person I should contact, please let me know.

Thanks for the quick replies to my post.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah the @ASUS staff that are the ones you need to contact. I actually thought the names where still up on the sticky.

mason@ASUS is a good place to start.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Exactly== I just PM'd him on your behalf ..& a few others... we are pull'n for ya friend.
but...also ...YES do it yourself also..
the more its out there .. the quicker it can be seen.. time is the issue now..
This will be fixed now..no worries... its now all about the timing.
Type man Type...

It is too bad that signing their work is not the rule...
If you are not proud enough of your work to sign it == stay home==we dont need you.
Or your kind...

Mason
Level 10
@brianw, i just sent you a PM. i'll make sure we get this taken care of ASAP