cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703VM overheat cpu 93 gpu 94

prevostmario
Level 7
I have the scar edition 17'' gtx1060 , and by rog gamecenter cpu 93 gpu 94 that what i get playing world of tank and lot of throttling ,

What to expect from asus,: exchange, repaste, repair......

Is there a know problem from asus... ?

If RMA , need to be resolve with permanent fix...... I doubt what they will do without explain what the problem....

Is it a longtime solution...?

I think asus canada has the best repair shop in north america in ontario,canada ....
2 REPLIES 2

matau
Level 9
Hi mate, i am using gl703gs but i think they are very similar. Anyway i had similar problems with mine. High Temps on CPU and GPU while playing games.
With some researches i manage to lower the temps dramatically. Now keep in mind that having the right drivers is essential! Go to ASUS homepage and type your
laptop model and find right drivers or use the DVD if you have one. I got a DVD with drivers from the box.

Installing the lightning keyboard driver is kinda tricky but just follow the steps in the driver page description.

You can also go to Windows store and type ASUS and find a little program called ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys. This is a really good one because it shows icons when you use the FN+F1-12 key combination and most imporant one FN+F5 which is the fan control. Personally my model has 3 fan option. Silent, Balanced and Overboost.
I am always on Overboost which works awesome. While the laptop is not loaded with heavy tast as games the fan is barely noticeable, however when you get into game and the temps hit 60+ C the fans run at maximum. A bit lousy but temps are stable.

But you really need to install the correct drivers to have access to your gaming center and fan control with FN+F5. Since my laptop come with no OS installed i had to install it myself and the first time i mess up with drivers and nothing worked as it had to.

Once you do this you can undervolt a bit your CPU or even the GPU (i haven't really undervolt my GPU, i use to but later on i decided that i don't need to).
I am using a little program called TrottleStop to undervolt the CPU, before that i was using XTU but it seems really buggy and i switched to TS.

Here is a guide how to undervolt your CPU with TS:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-to-Lower-Temperatures-Stop-Throttling-and-Increase-Battery-Life-Th...

It takes like 5min. Also i have reduced the turbo clock to 3.4MHz instead of 3.9Mhz... I tried to fully disable the turbo boost (clocks work at 2.2Mhz) and i tried 5 games and i didn't see any FPS drop, however when working with programs that are using single cores i notice some different so i turn it on and just went for 3.4-3.5Mhz.

Temps from 85-87C while playing battlefield 1 or Assassin Creed Origins (both on highest details) went to (keep yourself) 69-72C on CPU and 72-75 (w/o undervolt) on GPU...
As long you keep your CPU with low temps that help to GPU as well to keep low temps. After all they are connected with pipes sooo...

You can also undervolt your GPU a bit with Afterburner,
here is the guide of Onjax:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89061-GL702VM-amp-similar-Solution-to-Performance-issues-O...

And again i didn't lose any performance but the test while playing are reduced by a lot. I know it sound weird that i had to sacrafice some of the Mhz from the tubro block but i don't see any difference... Alright after all said i hope that will help you with your battle against the high temps.

Cheerio!

prevostmario
Level 7
Hi,

The notebook has 3 months old... Maybe i should try with RMA.... Asus adverstise buyers with : play with a rog full speed without trhottling,,,due to the awesome cooling system... i have 3 fan also....i use a air can duster to clean the exhaust some has come out....

I have a Artic MX4, i think of repaste it....or use the warranty.... i'm a little anger....i had really great N76 VZ GT 650M....for 4-5 years.....and it still running great.