cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370 DRIVER UPDATES as of 7/25/2018

theWanderer521
Level 7
ASUS rolled out various updates for all Drivers. Kindly check your respective MOBO Driver & Tools page

Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version.
NOTICE:
Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.

VGA
Audio Drivers
LAN
Wi-fi Driver
Chipset
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software
Bluetooth

Please feel free to comment for any problems regarding the updates. Have a great day everyone!
80 REPLIES 80

firehawk44
Level 7
Not seeing driver updates/utilities/tools at all for the Maximus X Hero since yesterday! Only thing displayed is new BIOS.
I7 8086K 5.0GHz
GTX 1080 TI OC Edition
Dell 34" and 24" Monitors
Maximus X Hero Hi-Fi AC
M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB and 1TB
Corsair H115i Pro Cooler
32GB DDR4 3600MHz
Windows 10 64 bit

Carbonicdk
Level 8
Didn't have Sonic Studio 3 installed, installed this new driver that installed it again, tried checking if there was something new but it crashes on launch so I just uninstalled it again.

Finished installing the new drivers on Z370-F. Had some crashing problem with Sonic Studio after installing the new driver but then i realized Asus has created UWP apps for Sonic Studio and Radar, figured i should delete the old win32 apps of Sonic studio and then reinstall the driver. Worked like a charm. Glad to see these low file size UWP apps from Asus.

One thing that confused me was this notice (Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver) on the drivers. It was easy to uninstall old realtek driver but i couldn't see how to uninstall old chipset and lan driver so I ended up just updating the chipset and lan driver without uninstalling the old ones, hope it doesn't cause any problem

runningdodo wrote:
Nothing new for the Maximus X Formula... .

You can get the ones from https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/ they are going to be the same for all the Maximus boards etc.

ahsan.mohd wrote:
Finished installing the new drivers on Z370-F. Had some crashing problem with Sonic Studio after installing the new driver but then i realized Asus has created UWP apps for Sonic Studio and Radar, figured i should delete the old win32 apps of Sonic studio and then reinstall the driver. Worked like a charm. Glad to see these low file size UWP apps from Asus.

One thing that confused me was this notice (Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver) on the drivers. It was easy to uninstall old realtek driver but i couldn't see how to uninstall old chipset and lan driver so I ended up just updating the chipset and lan driver without uninstalling the old ones, hope it doesn't cause any problem

Always and I mean Always remove old drivers before installing new ones, never install on top of old drivers, also always remove any utilities ie Sonic Studio, Sonic Radar, etc with the audio drivers

g0dzarmy wrote:
Hey all.. Like Carbonicdk said, audio drivers is no good. Doesn't include Sonic Sound/Supreme. Audio crashes. Stops working in chrome completely at times when watching videos or I hear a really loud buzzing sound. Never happened before. Always appreciate new drivers but audio is no bueno. Running a Z370-E Strix board.

They work perfectly for me on the Maximus X Formula, Maximus X Code, Maximus IX Formula..just to list a few, you need to completely remove all old drivers and software, the new Sonic Studio 3 and Radar 3 are UWP apps now, after installing them you need to goto Windows Store and check for app updates, mine updated to a newer version than what was installed, also Realtek Audio Console is new and also a UWP app, take a look after you install it you will see...

Bloodcore wrote:
Maximus X users are still forced to use audio drivers without official Win10 "april update" support.

Next time I'll just buy a barebone motherboard and an external DAC instead of this "SupremeFX" audio that almost never receives driver/software updates.
If they push an update in the next few days.. I expect that they won't release an update for the Windows update in September.. Until 3 months after.

Not True, just use the drivers in the link above, ASUS will eventually out them on the other Motherboard Support pages, they are usually slow.

BTW I'm a system builder and we mainly use ASUS Motherboards, tested these drivers on about a dozen other builds the last 2 days, works perfectly no problems...yet lol

Scorpion wrote:

Not True, just use the drivers in the link above, ASUS will eventually out them on the other Motherboard Support pages, they are usually slow.

BTW I'm a system builder and we mainly use ASUS Motherboards, tested these drivers on about a dozen other builds the last 2 days, works perfectly no problems...yet lol

I need the integrated amplifier to work, and I'm pretty sure that option isn't available without the SupremeFX branded audio manager. (I have a 600ohm headphone, it really needs that "Extreme" option that is available under "amplify level.")

Though I'll try it out tomorrow if you are unable to confirm it.
(Middle of the night right now.)

Bloodcore wrote:
I need the integrated amplifier to work, and I'm pretty sure that option isn't available without the SupremeFX branded audio manager. (I have a 600ohm headphone, it really needs that "Extreme" option that is available under "amplify level.")

Though I'll try it out tomorrow if you are unable to confirm it.
(Middle of the night right now.)

it's there for me...you should be good...

Scorpion wrote:
it's there for me...you should be good...

Thank you. 🙂
I guess it is time for a clean format for my system, a postponed spring cleaning.

Nothing showing for my ROG MAXIMUS X HERO

Whenever i double click the' Asussetup' for Intel Lan, it displays the CMD window briefly and then disapperars. It doesn't seem to have done anything. Is that what it's supposed to do? It never showed up again under 'add or remove programs' like it did befire i uninstalled to update to this driver.

z370-f owners, there is now a WIRELESS & a separate BLUETOOTH drivers showing in the downloads. As far as i'm aware the board never supported these features. Or are these for 3rd party components only?