Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You can use the Audio drivers from the Z370-F support page, they are exactly the same and will work, Asus has simply not updated the page with the new drivers, also the SATA, Chipset, MEI, LAN are all the same, the only possible difference is the WiFi and Bluetooth, not sure if the same chipset is used on all the boards, and I don't use WiFi or Bluetooth (Off in the BIOS) so I'm not sure what the latest is on those, but can be easily found out if you need help...let me know...

Direct download for Realtek HD Audio drivers from ASUS here:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...677.1534999578

Z370-F Support Page:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

Also if you want the latest drivers you can check out www.station-drivers.com or downloadcenter.intel.com/ Station-Drivers.com updates the site daily with new drivers, Intel does not.

Here are the latest drivers for the Z370 boards..these drivers will work for all Z370 chipset boards. (Only possibility is the NIC card, some vendors use Realtek, or Killer NIC, Asus uses Intel NIC's model I219)

Intel for the RST SATA (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...ace-and-Driver

Or if you want the absolute latest RST SATA driver here:
    https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=3604&lang=en

Intel NIC (Network Interface Card) here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=82187

Intel HD Video (Integrated Video) here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=98909

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) here:
    https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=3605&lang=en

Intel Chipset Device Software (Chipset) here:
    https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=3574&lang=en
    Hi Scorpion,

Are you implying then that the AUDIO driver will go along with my PRIME Z370-A?
    My download page is updated with everything but this, and it makes me wonder..

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by katlani; 08-23-2018 at 01:12 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)DELL Inspiron 15 5559 + HP Pavilion dv6 3032tx
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1105]
    Processori9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB CMR16GX4M2C3466C16 V4.31
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AG271QG 27" 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + UbuntuStudio 18.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U on ADSL2+, Technicolor DJA0230TLS Gateway NETGEAR CABLE ADAPTER CM450

Quote Originally Posted by F0x135 View Post
    Hold up Katagiri... i'm getting a "sonic studio does not support the current audio device , please switch devices to continue using Sonic Studio" after installing the UWP of Soonic Studio. Sonic Radar works fine however as well as the rest of audio (no crackling.)
    Make sure that in the Audio or Sound Properties that the Realtek High Definition Audio device is set up as the default output device [usually as a Speaker] and that you do not have another audio device such as a graphics card's HD audio set up as the default output device. If you have e.g. a monitor with built in speakers connected with HDMI or I believe even via Display Port, that the sound properties does not see it as the default output device. Because if anything other than the Realtek High Definition Audio is set up as the default audio output device then sonic studio will put out that message about "not supporting the current audio device".

To check, right click the speaker icon in the taskbar and choose "Open sound settings". Look under "Choose your output device". If there is more than one device clicking the drop-down arrow on the right will reveal all possible devices that can be set as the default output device. This is where the Realtek High Definition Audio device should be chosen. BTW this is with the current version of Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134.228.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array XYchromosone PC Specs
    XYchromosone PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)DELL Inspiron 15 5559 + HP Pavilion dv6 3032tx
    MotherboardASUS Maximux XI Extreme [BIOS 1105]
    Processori9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengance RGB 16GB CMR16GX4M2C3466C16 V4.31
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix Gaming GTX1080Ti 11GB
    MonitorAOC AG271QG 27" 165Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360 Premium AIO
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard RAZER Blackwidow X Tournament Chroma
    Mouse RAZER Lancehead [ambidextrous] Chroma
    Headset Sennheiser RS165 Wireless
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 + UbuntuStudio 18.04
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC68U on ADSL2+, Technicolor DJA0230TLS Gateway NETGEAR CABLE ADAPTER CM450

Quote Originally Posted by F0x135 View Post
    Whenever i double click the' Asussetup' for Intel Lan, it displays the CMD window briefly and then disapperars. It doesn't seem to have done anything. Is that what it's supposed to do? It never showed up again under 'add or remove programs' like it did befire i uninstalled to update to this driver.
    You should have run the setup.exe file, and not the Asussetup.exe. This is true to install any software from ASUS updates that includes the ASUS proprietary Asussetup.exe file along with a setup.exe file. The file you clicked [Asussetup.exe] is actually run by the real installer "setup.exe" to run its installation routine, that's why you did not see anything installed when you tried to run Asussetup.exe directly, either with or without Administrator privileges, because it implicitly relies on the setup.exe file for the installation to go ahead accordingly.

BTW if you do not see the file's extension ".exe" [or .inf, .dll etc.] but you only see "Asussetup" and "setup" etc., then you have the "Hide extensions for known file types" turned on in File Explorer's view options, which is the default setting when Windows is installed. To set to show file extensions, open File Explorer, then at the top of the window ribbon choose; View > Options > Change folder and search options > View, and then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types". Then click "OK" .

I personally have my OS set up like this, and not the default option to hide file extensions because I like to know all files and their extension type instead of having such things hidden.

Actually this Intel LAN driver is like 2 MB compared to the 150 MB of previous one as it doesnt include the software features, only driver. Running ASUS setup should be OK as it will update the driver and not software features, hence no change to Add/Remove Programs screen. What you can do is check Device Manager of this device in Events tab, not just version, where it will display the new version installment compared to the previous one with a date stamp. This is what I personally did to verify.

I opened a different thread about ASUS not making cummulative installment packages to avoid such cases but ignored as usual.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array F0x135 PC Specs
    F0x135 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-F
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)F4-2400C15Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080Ti
    Graphics Card #2Strix 1080Ti
    MonitorAgon AG352UCG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo NVME 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster ML240R aRGB
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Power SupplyInWin C900 Platinum
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech MX Master

Quote Originally Posted by XYchromosone View Post
    Make sure that in the Audio or Sound Properties that the Realtek High Definition Audio device is set up as the default output device [usually as a Speaker] and that you do not have another audio device such as a graphics card's HD audio set up as the default output device. If you have e.g. a monitor with built in speakers connected with HDMI or I believe even via Display Port, that the sound properties does not see it as the default output device. Because if anything other than the Realtek High Definition Audio is set up as the default audio output device then sonic studio will put out that message about "not supporting the current audio device".

To check, right click the speaker icon in the taskbar and choose "Open sound settings". Look under "Choose your output device". If there is more than one device clicking the drop-down arrow on the right will reveal all possible devices that can be set as the default output device. This is where the Realtek High Definition Audio device should be chosen. BTW this is with the current version of Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134.228.
    Yep i've done all these checks back then, and was still no good. I've installed SS with prior versions, and never had this problem.

I recently did a clean reinstall of windows 10 onto an NVME, didn't bother with installing sonic studio. In truth i'm not missing it. I'll try it again once there's another update. Maybe.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Scorpion PC Specs
    Scorpion PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    Processori9-9900k @ 5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 3600MHz 16GB F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440P G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVME (OS)
    Storage #2Intel 660p NVME 2TB (Games)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow Edition Full Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by katlani View Post
    Hi Scorpion,

Are you implying then that the AUDIO driver will go along with my PRIME Z370-A?
    My download page is updated with everything but this, and it makes me wonder..

Thanks in advance.
    Yes that is correct! Sorry for the delay, was away for the weekend...
    Intel i9-9900k @ 5000Mhz on H115i RGB Platinum
    ASUS Maximus XI Extreme BIOS 1005
    G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB @ 3333MHz 2x8GB 14-14-14-36-1T
    2x in SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2100/12000 On Air
    Onboard SupremeFX
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB - SSD (Games): Intel 660p 2TB
    Corsair AX1200i
    Coorsair Obsidian 750D Air
    Logitech G19s - Mouse: Logitech G502
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit
    Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 144/165Hz G-Sync IPS 1440P

ROG Enthusiast Array kens30 PC Specs
    kens30 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Code
    ProcessorCore i7 8700K 4.7avx 1.210v non-delid
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z + Onboard
    MonitorSamsung 32inch 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 pro nvme 500gb
    Storage #2Samsung 960 evo nvme 250gb 850 pro 128gb x2 + WD 8tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i gt
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB LUX
    Mouse Logitech G pro
    OS Windows 10 pro 1903
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox One Controller

Sorry for posting again but i am getting frustrated with Asus not updating their drivers on their support pages for many z370 boards.
    I know that their focus now is on their Z390 boards but paying a months wage here in Greece to be exact 409 euros for my Maximus X code,
    I feel it is unecceptable to leave their support pages with 2017 drivers..

I am not going to install drivers from other sources like station-drivers...

Any update for when or if we will see updated drivers will be appreciated..Thanks

To be honest i have opened a service request for my PRIME Z370-A which is updated with everything but the latest 25/07/18 AUDIO driver, and i really prefer not to install any other driver from any other page/website, especially since mine has Crystal Sound 3 while the updated ones for ROG MBs have SupremeFX, so it might be the reason.

Anyways, on the support ticket, they have said they are still testing the AUDIO driver for PRIME series.. so i should wait.
    I'll see if anything updates and if not, i'll bug them again. I guess you can do the same and turn on the pressure for driver updates from your side.

Edit: Just checked my driver page, seems like it payed off.

AUDIO
    Version 6.0.1.8496
    2018/09/06 72.42 MBytes
    Realtek Audio Driver
    Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version.
    NOTICE:
    Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.

Didn't try to install yet.
    Last edited by katlani; 09-07-2018 at 08:45 AM.

New ROGer Array

hi. I installed the last audio driver for the prime z370-A and now dts interactive does not appear. How can I activate dts in real time now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho10101010 View Post
    hi. I installed the last audio driver for the prime z370-A and now dts interactive does not appear. How can I activate dts in real time now?
    It seems like this driver has some new structure, where the Realtek HD Audio Driver turns into Realtek(R) Audio, and it uses some more generic driver where also Realtek HD Audio Manager have been UMP-ed into Realtek Audio Console, that includes DTS Headphone:X v1 (DTS Audio v1.2.3.0) as an add-on application within.

This means both Realtek HD Audio Manager and DTS Audio (v1.0.73) are no longer required.
    The downside here is that these UMP apps are not designed to have an icon on the notification area, so no quick way to access them but the Start Menu.
    I guess more and more driver software are going with this UMP method to get their drivers applicable across any device running Windows 10.

As for your question, Inside Realtek Audio Console you will find DTS Headphone: X v1 link to open the program, but it can be opened from the Start Menu shortcut too individually.

If anyone has any idea how to get these 2 applications to be accessible from the Notification Area, i would really like to know how (both Realtek HD Audio Manager and DTS Audio were having an icon in there).

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast