Memory (part number)F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #11080 TI
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1NVME PCIe 2 x 1024TB
    CPU CoolerH110i
    CaseNZXT MANTA
    Power SupplyCorsair HX650

Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    That's rubbish......Please provide some more info how you know that OEM drivers are better than official drivers. Where do you get your "knowledge" from and what is your source. I have never read such rubbish before. YOU SHOULD NEVER INSTALL UNOFIFICIAL DRIVERS ON YOUR COMPUTER. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU CAN NOT BLAME INTEL. THIS GUY IS RUBBISH!
    I
    You tell him

Anyway guys, if you want the latest Intel RST, Intel ME and NVME (samsung etc) go here : https://www.win-raid.com/forum.php

I've been using this site for many years now, you can normally get the newer whql drivers before they are even released on the Intel site and also give feedback on them on the forum they have.

Something to note - Dont wait for Asus to update drivers on your motherboards product page, you'll be waiting a long time, but do check for bios updates if you are encountering some stability issues (beware, newer bios's from Asus are not always more stable so only update if you really need to).

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ftln46 View Post
    You tell him

Anyway guys, if you want the latest Intel RST, Intel ME and NVME (samsung etc) go here : https://www.win-raid.com/forum.php

I've been using this site for many years now, you can normally get the newer whql drivers before they are even released on the Intel site and also give feedback on them on the forum they have.

Something to note - Dont wait for Asus to update drivers on your motherboards product page, you'll be waiting a long time, but do check for bios updates if you are encountering some stability issues (beware, newer bios's from Asus are not always more stable so only update if you really need to).
    Doesn't matter. They are unofficial drivers. You are taking risk installing drivers from third party. Intel will release drivers when it's time and needed.Samung and other vendors will do the same. People are driver crazy thinking that installing these drivers will make a big diffrerence. Wrong! You will not see any major changes. New drivers from Intel points to new chipsets, bug fixes, Windows updates, and security. You will not see improvements in speed or anything like that. People are just going crazy with drivers for no reason. Same thing goes for Video drivers. You can play new games with older drivers without any problem. Nvidia and AMD just know people demands new drivers because they think they will make a big difference. Overclockers are in the same boat. They believe that if they overclock their computer with 200 MHz it will make their computer fly. WRONG again. You can not see any improvement in games and apps (Windows)

ROG Member Array ftln46 PC Specs
    ftln46 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z370-I Strix
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8086K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
    Graphics Card #11080 TI
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1NVME PCIe 2 x 1024TB
    CPU CoolerH110i
    CaseNZXT MANTA
    Power SupplyCorsair HX650

Doesn't matter. They are unofficial drivers. You are taking risk installing drivers from third party. Intel will release drivers when it's time and needed.Samung and other vendors will do the same. People are driver crazy thinking that installing these drivers will make a big diffrerence. Wrong! You will not see any major changes. New drivers from Intel points to new chipsets, bug fixes, Windows updates, and security. You will not see improvements in speed or anything like that. People are just going crazy with drivers for no reason. Same thing goes for Video drivers. You can play new games with older drivers without any problem. Nvidia and AMD just know people demands new drivers because they think they will make a big difference. Overclockers are in the same boat. They believe that if they overclock their computer with 200 MHz it will make their computer fly. WRONG again. You can not see any improvement in games and apps (Windows)
    They are WHQL drivers, there are also custom drivers but the WHQL are there and are more recent than even the ones on intel site......

ROG Member Array amdscooter PC Specs
    amdscooter PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus X Hero
    ProcessorI7-8086
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident DDR4-4133
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster X G5
    Monitor3 x HP OMEN 32" LCD
    Storage #1512GB 950 Pro M.2
    Storage #22x 500GB 850 EVO RAID 0
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm V3
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyEVGA 1600W
    Keyboard Razor Black Widow
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Hyperx Cloud
    OS Windows 10 64

Quote Originally Posted by ftln46 View Post
    You tell him

. . .
    ^^^ This.. has been the case for decades. MOBO manufacturers will stick with the driver set which gives them the least amount of bad press, and I don't blame them in the least. That said.. I've been going straight to the chipset source (Intel, AMD, VIA, Nvidia, SIS.. you remember them.. for as long as I can remember to get the most current stuff with the latest features.
    Hardware: Case Corsair 900D | EVGA 1600W PSU | i7-8086k@5Ghz | ASUS Max X Hero | 16GB (2 x 8GB) Gskill Trident DDR4-4133 | 2xEVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti-SLI | 3 x HP OMEN 32" LCD | 512GB 950 Pro M.2 | 2x 500GB 850 EVO RAID 0 | 2x 3TB WD Green RAID 1 | Sound Blaster X G5

Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU block | EK GPU Blocks | Swiftech MCP655 Pump | Monsoon Dual reservoir | HW Labs Black Ice GTX 240 & XSPC RX480 Radiator(s) GT AP-15 fans

ROG Member Array

That's rubbish......Please provide some more info how you know that OEM drivers are better than official drivers. Where do you get your "knowledge" from and what is your source. I have never read such rubbish before. YOU SHOULD NEVER INSTALL UNOFIFICIAL DRIVERS ON YOUR COMPUTER. IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU CAN NOT BLAME INTEL. THIS GUY IS RUBBISH!
    I
    What is your problem? You should clean up your keyboard, your caps-lock seem to be acting up.

The OEM specific drivers provided by Asus are WHQL drivers provided to them by Intel. (Unless tagged as beta.)
    These are just as "official" as the realtek drivers provided to Asus for their "SupremeFX" audio, which in the past required a slightly modified driver package for supporting the added amplifier.

Even Intel themselves often recommends that users should use the OEM provided drivers instead of the ones supplied on Intels website.

I'll never recommend a regular user to download unofficial drivers from sources such as win-raid or station-drivers. Get the most up-to-date driver from either the OEM or AMD/Intel.

If you don't want to use OEM WHQL drivers, feel free to use the audio driver from realteks website, which is outdated and doesn't even officially support Windows 10 "Fall Update" or the "recent" Spring Update.
    You'd be better off using the generic realtek driver provided by Windows Update.

Quote Originally Posted by amdscooter View Post
    ^^^ This.. has been the case for decades. MOBO manufacturers will stick with the driver set which gives them the least amount of bad press, and I don't blame them in the least. That said.. I've been going straight to the chipset source (Intel, AMD, VIA, Nvidia, SIS.. you remember them.. for as long as I can remember to get the most current stuff with the latest features.
    If the chipset source has the most up-to-date driver for your device, then there is no issue.
    Though motherboard providers often have a more up-to-date driver. As an example, Intel offers Management Engine 11.7.0.1068 on their website and Asus has a WHQL version based on 12.0.xxxx and Gigabyte uses driver version 17.8.50.xxxx.
    The same situation was happening to their RST drivers, until Intel finally updated them in late July to fully support the Spring Update that arrived in April/May.

So, instead of counting on that the chipset source has the latest driver available, check with both OEM and AMD/Intel and pick the the one that is up-to-date. If having the latest is important to you or the system user.
    Last edited by Bloodcore; 08-08-2018 at 05:44 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array kens30 PC Specs
    kens30 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Code
    ProcessorCore i7 8700K 4.7avx 1.210v non-delid
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z + Onboard
    MonitorSamsung 32inch 1080p
    Storage #1Samsung 970 pro nvme 500gb
    Storage #2Samsung 960 evo nvme 250gb 850 pro 128gb x2 + WD 8tb
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i gt
    CaseCorsair Graphite 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB LUX
    Mouse Logitech G pro
    OS Windows 10 pro 1903
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox One Controller

It has been over 1 month and drivers still have not been updated for the following boards.
    Asus Maximus x hero, Maximus x hero wifi/ac, Maximus x Code, Maximus x Formula and maximus x Apex.

Although i am not having any issues on current drivers including Supreme FX audio,
    it would nice if someone can officially inform us if it is safe to use these updated drivers or wait until they get listed on the support page.

BTW i am on windows 10 x64 Redstone 4 april update..

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by kens30 View Post
    It has been over 1 month and drivers still have not been updated for the following boards.
    Asus Maximus x hero, Maximus x hero wifi/ac, Maximus x Code, Maximus x Formula and maximus x Apex.

Although i am not having any issues on current drivers including Supreme FX audio,
    it would nice if someone can officially inform us if it is safe to use these updated drivers or wait until they get listed on the support page.

Having a PRIME Z370-A myself, which is not a ROG but did receive the 25/07/18 driver update bundle for Chipset (incl. ME), GFX, Sata and LAN but without the Audio, where i think both Z370-A and Z370 ROG related MBs share the same device. I could be mistaken though, for that being the reason it wasn't updated as well.

Z370-A PRIME: Realtek® S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
    Z370 ROG: ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A

So, either it takes time for them to re-conciliate all the motherboards drivers, or my audio device is different.
    In your case, it seems exactly the same device from the specification description.

BTW, it also seems like the update for Intel LAN was added for the driver only, without any additional software features.
    So, in case you end up removing the existing driver first before installing the new one, you might be missing out on some additional features.

Opened a thread here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...17-10-7-Driver

Its like they updated the driver but did not include it in the commutative package of the software features, which they tend to do with AI Suite 3 software normally, but only with a driver this time. Don't really like this approach, as drivers should be cumulative, and you can easily judge it is not from the size of the new package compared to the previous one.
    Last edited by katlani; 08-22-2018 at 02:31 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chevell65 PC Specs
    chevell65 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-H, ROG Maximus VII Z97
    ProcessorIntel 4790K 4.6GHz, Intel i5 8400, Intel e8600 Wolfdale, Intel Q9650 Yorkfield, Intel E6750 Conroe
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill PC3600
    Graphics Card #1GTX 660 OC
    MonitorAsus 23"
    CaseCorsair clear case
    Power SupplyThermaltake
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G9
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterDLink DIR-655, Asus AC88

You left out most of the ROG Asus Strix boards, most of which don't have any new updates other than bios.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I personally doubt we will see new drivers for 370 series boards unless something critical needs updating or fixing. Their focus will be on the 390 boards.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Scorpion PC Specs
    Scorpion PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    Processori9-9900k @ 5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 3600MHz 16GB F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440P G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVME (OS)
    Storage #2Intel 660p NVME 2TB (Games)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow Edition Full Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

You can use the Audio drivers from the Z370-F support page, they are exactly the same and will work, Asus has simply not updated the page with the new drivers, also the SATA, Chipset, MEI, LAN are all the same, the only possible difference is the WiFi and Bluetooth, not sure if the same chipset is used on all the boards, and I don't use WiFi or Bluetooth (Off in the BIOS) so I'm not sure what the latest is on those, but can be easily found out if you need help...let me know...

Direct download for Realtek HD Audio drivers from ASUS here:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...677.1534999578

Z370-F Support Page:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

Also if you want the latest drivers you can check out www.station-drivers.com or downloadcenter.intel.com/ Station-Drivers.com updates the site daily with new drivers, Intel does not.

Here are the latest drivers for the Z370 boards..these drivers will work for all Z370 chipset boards. (Only possibility is the NIC card, some vendors use Realtek, or Killer NIC, Asus uses Intel NIC's model I219)

Intel for the RST SATA (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...ace-and-Driver

Or if you want the absolute latest RST SATA driver here:
    https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=3604&lang=en

Intel NIC (Network Interface Card) here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=82187

Intel HD Video (Integrated Video) here:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=98909

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) here:
    https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=3605&lang=en

Intel Chipset Device Software (Chipset) here:
    https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=3574&lang=en
    Last edited by Scorpion; 08-23-2018 at 05:11 AM.
    Intel i9-9900k @ 5000Mhz on H115i RGB Platinum
    ASUS Maximus XI Extreme BIOS 1005
    G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB @ 3333MHz 2x8GB 14-14-14-36-1T
    2x in SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2100/12000 On Air
    Onboard SupremeFX
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB - SSD (Games): Intel 660p 2TB
    Corsair AX1200i
    Coorsair Obsidian 750D Air
    Logitech G19s - Mouse: Logitech G502
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit
    Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 144/165Hz G-Sync IPS 1440P

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast