Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Hello

As Raja has stated some of this observed behavior is inherent to the architecture. Most of this can be dialed out assuming one has the necessary equipment and knowledge of the platform. Actual voltages and response times need to be monitored while making changes. As you have only posted screenshots of software monitoring utilities I'm assuming you lack the necessary tools to make these measurements. Complaing above that
    Setting additional turbo ratio to 1.000V doesn't makes any difference AT ALL!
    demonstrates that even a basic knowledge of this platform is missing. Setting 1.0V is not a valid setting so there should be no observed difference. Sems the best course of action at this time would be for you to use manual mode and tune your clocks accordingly. Although I'm sure you will probably view this replay the same as you have classified the rest of this thread in a post at another forum.
    nothing but mumbling and irrelevant info

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

As Raja has stated some of this observed behavior is inherent to the architecture. Most of this can be dialed out assuming one has the necessary equipment and knowledge of the platform. Actual voltages and response times need to be monitored while making changes. As you have only posted screenshots of software monitoring utilities I'm assuming you lack the necessary tools to make these measurements. Complaing above that demonstrates that even a basic knowledge of this platform is missing. Setting 1.0V is not a valid setting so there should be no observed difference. Sems the best course of action at this time would be for you to use manual mode and tune your clocks accordingly. Although I'm sure you will probably view this replay the same as you have classified the rest of this thread in a post at another forum.
    try finding more of my posts before pretending to be a smartass - I know the adaptive won’t go lower than vid values, I have necessary tools for it, and measurements are+- 5% from what I see within software.
    Moreover, I couldnt find much of these issues, reported from other users. Thus it makes me think this is my problem, not platform’s.
    So *keep your arrogance and anger up with you - if you have nothing else to say, just leave, there ls nothing bad people trying to find out what theyre looking for on multiple forums
    Last edited by dmt.taran; 08-26-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmt.taran View Post
    I know the adaptive won’t go lower than vid values
    Really? Why set it 1.0V anyway and then make a big deal out of it in a post when the system ignored the erroneous setting?

Thus it makes me think this is my problem, not platform’s.
    Sounds like you are on your way to solving this. Good luck.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Really? Why set it 1.0V anyway and then make a big deal out of it in a post when the system ignored the erroneous setting?
    Sounds like you are on your way to solving this. Good luck.
    Dunno, you know, sometimes it could work out. Especially when things aren't working properly because they're dud or poorly engineered, etc. Dumb settings could make them work out actually. So, maaybe leaving it on auto or unassigned, invalid values would do the thing.

Like it was in Michael's Bay movie, Armageddon, that russian austronaut used "russian approach" - so everything started to work properly.

But, actually, I see no way out of this, because all those minor reports that I've found throughout the forums, regarding issue I have here - they are already half-a-year old. And nothing changed for this time.
    Last edited by dmt.taran; 08-26-2018 at 06:23 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello
    Most of this can be dialed out assuming one has the necessary equipment and knowledge of the platform.
    Maybe then you could tell plebs what, and how are you dialing out with those "special" tools? What these tools are, and how you're gonna smoother spikes completely? Let me guess - soldering completely new vrm, that's it?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog X Hero Z-370 ( Wifi ) bios -2102
    Processori7-8700k @ 5.1 @ 1.34v @ manual vcore , De Lid + rockit cool copper ihs
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 Mhz cl-14 @ 4000 Mhz cl-17-19-19-39 @1.4v 1.21v vccio/vcssa
    Graphics Card #1Msi Gtx 1080 TI FE @ 1911 mhz @ 0.975v Curve - Driver 431.36
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus PG279Q , 27 inch 165 HZ , 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Intel 600P , 512gb m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Kingston Hyper X furry 240gb ssd
    CPU CoolerThermalright true black 120 + 2 x 120mm push pull ( pump died rma )
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyThermaltake Grand 750w RGB Platnuim
    Keyboard Logictec G510s
    Mouse Logictec G700s Wireless
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z-5300 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-1809 x64 Pro

i sllos have voltegr spikes on adaptive mode with a good high end 8700k it need 1.39 v for 5.2 ghz , 1.32v for 5.1 ghz , 1.285v for 5.1 ,

asus maximus wifi hero bios 1602 .

load line = 6 ( any less then 6 get alot of v drop on hard loads = whea error )
    ia/dc load line = 0.01

totaly adaptive volts =1.32v
    offset = 0

i get spikes up to 1.392v ............ not good ......

if i use load line = 5 i get vdrops under 1.32v and still over shoot up to 1.376v ......

when will asus fix this ????

spent a week with other combinations always over shoot spikes

yes svid is on , svid best case , ia / dc load line = 0.01 , not cool

im @ manual 5.2 ghz @ 1.392v avx offset = -1 .

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post
    i sllos have voltegr spikes on adaptive mode with a good high end 8700k it need 1.39 v for 5.2 ghz , 1.32v for 5.1 ghz , 1.285v for 5.1 ,

asus maximus wifi hero bios 1602 .

load line = 6 ( any less then 6 get alot of v drop on hard loads = whea error )
    ia/dc load line = 0.01

totaly adaptive volts =1.32v
    offset = 0

i get spikes up to 1.392v ............ not good ......

if i use load line = 5 i get vdrops under 1.32v and still over shoot up to 1.376v ......

when will asus fix this ????

spent a week with other combinations always over shoot spikes

yes svid is on , svid best case , ia / dc load line = 0.01 , not cool

im @ manual 5.2 ghz @ 1.392v avx offset = -1 .
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-in...l#post27603668
    Join discussion - at least I've found some pretty neat stuff regarding post-skylake platforms. Guide tour for newbies like me, not just "sit and relax and let ur stuff burn without knowing it"

bass junkie xl PC Specs
    Processori7-8700k @ 5.1 @ 1.34v @ manual vcore , De Lid + rockit cool copper ihs
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 Mhz cl-14 @ 4000 Mhz cl-17-19-19-39 @1.4v 1.21v vccio/vcssa
    Keyboard Logictec G510s

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-in...l#post27603668
    Join discussion - at least I've found some pretty neat stuff regarding post-skylake platforms. Guide tour for newbies like me, not just "sit and relax and let ur stuff burn without knowing it"
    i know how iit all works its just the fact that using adaptive mode uses the cpus vid table and if u get to much volts on load u use a offset or lower load line . well tyes true but then u get under volts and whea error or over shoot by 0.060 or more ....... lots of people have same issue i dont need spikes from 1.32v to 1.41v thats not good lower load line a notch did that and yes it helped but now i get vdrop on load and whea error since i drop down to 1.312v when 1.32v i typed in its asus issue i have tried all the bioses to . soonas the cpu gets a heavy load she get spikes .

using manual vcore again ..

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post
    i know how iit all works its just the fact that using adaptive mode uses the cpus vid table and if u get to much volts on load u use a offset or lower load line . well tyes true but then u get under volts and whea error or over shoot by 0.060 or more ....... lots of people have same issue i dont need spikes from 1.32v to 1.41v thats not good lower load line a notch did that and yes it helped but now i get vdrop on load and whea error since i drop down to 1.312v when 1.32v i typed in its asus issue i have tried all the bioses to . soonas the cpu gets a heavy load she get spikes .

using manual vcore again ..
    Well, I dunno, trying to tell guys that it helped me - I simply add -1 avx offset - no more spikes, rock solid 1.35V under any kind of load while using the adaptive.

As for 1:1 AVX scenario, yeah, u won't get rid of those 0.05v spikes

bass junkie xl PC Specs
    Keyboard Logictec G510s

Well, I dunno, trying to tell guys that it helped me - I simply add -1 avx offset - no more spikes, rock solid 1.35V under any kind of load while using the adaptive.

As for 1:1 AVX scenario, yeah, u won't get rid of those 0.05v spikes
    ok so if i under stand this correctly

go back to adaptive volts with these settings

multy =52
    avx offset = - 1
    adaptive mode = totaly adaptive volts =1.392 v
    offset=auto ( 0 )
    svid to = on
    svid best case cinario
    load line =6
    ia/dc load line = 0.01

and i shouldnt get those 1.392v up to 1.430 v spikes witha avx offset of -1 witch i already use a -1 offset in manual mode right now ?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast