Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    8700k Z370 Hero X G.skill 4266 trident z RGB issue

    Hi guys, I recently bought the new platform with the following ram https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4266c19d-16gtzr i managed to make the system stable to 4000 mhz, but i can not start at 4133mhz with bios 0505, with previous bios 3866 maximum limit, after 4000 easy boot upgrade.

    For the moment I set the bios:

    50x sync all cores
    adaptive voltage 1.31v
    llc 5 level 5
    Set IA AC Load Line to 0.01
    Set IA DC Load Line to 0.01
    Cpu c states enabled

    Vdram 1.45v
    dram 4000 frequency
    vccio 1.2v
    vcsaa 1.2v
    tweak mode auto

    primary timing, @raja tips for pe 4133?
    17-17-17-30

    If I imposed cl 16 not boot, RAJA@ASUS tips?

    Sorry for my english, i'm italian

    Attach image
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cattura.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	68598
    Last edited by ROGItalia; 11-03-2017 at 02:28 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Member Array owikh8464's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    I have the same TridentZ RGB DDR4-4266 CL19 (2 kits tried) that will not run at the XMP rating on the Z370 Apex.
    Max was DDR4-4133 C18-19-19-39 @ 1.40v, VCCSA auto @ 1.35v, VCCIO auto @ 1.30v.
    These kits were working fine, operating at XMP on my Z270 Apex though.

    BIOS tested are 0401, 601, 0703, 0801, 6801
    Last edited by owikh8464; 11-04-2017 at 04:45 AM.
    i7 3960X + 3930K | WC | 2x Asus RIVE | 2x RipjawsZ 2400C9 4X4GB + RipjawsX 2200C7 2X2GB + RipjawsX 2133C8 4X2GB + DomGT 2kC7 3X2GB + PID 2kC6 3X2GB | 3x GTX580 SLI WC | 2x Crucial M4 128GB raid0 + 2x CaviarBlack 1TB | AX1200 | Z-5500 + Xonar D2X | 3008WFP | Inverted LD PC V8
    WC: 2-loop | EK HF + 2x MCP655V EK-TOP + 2x EK 250 X2 Adv + 3x Quad 480 Rads | 3x EK FC580GTX+ | 16x GT 1850

  3. #3
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by ROGItalia View Post
    Hi guys, I recently bought the new platform with the following ram https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4266c19d-16gtzr i managed to make the system stable to 4000 mhz, but i can not start at 4133mhz with bios 0505, with previous bios 3866 maximum limit, after 4000 easy boot upgrade.

    For the moment I set the bios:

    50x sync all cores
    adaptive voltage 1.31v
    llc 5 level 5
    Set IA AC Load Line to 0.01
    Set IA DC Load Line to 0.01
    Cpu c states enabled

    Vdram 1.45v
    dram 4000 frequency
    vccio 1.2v
    vcsaa 1.2v
    tweak mode auto

    primary timing, @raja tips for pe 4133?
    17-17-17-30

    If I imposed cl 16 not boot, RAJA@ASUS tips?

    Sorry for my english, i'm italian

    Attach image
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cattura.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	68598


    I would tune for tightest timings you can get at ddr4-4000. That s pretty good going on a Hero.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Ideally you really want shoot for the lowest latency possible!! Raw memory bandwidth beyond about DDR4-3200 doesn't get you much honestly, you'd gain more lowering your access latency.

    CAS Latency * 2000 / DRAM Frequency = Actual Latency

    So for example..

    DDR4-3200 @ CAS 13 = 13 * 2000 / 3200 = 8.125ns
    DDR4-3400 @ CAS 14 = 14 * 2000 / 3400 = 8.235ns
    DDR4-3600 @ CAS 15 = 15 * 2000 / 3600 = 8.333ns
    DDR4-3866 @ CAS 16 = 16 * 2000 / 3866 = 8.277ns
    DDR4-4000 @ CAS 17 = 17 * 2000 / 4000 = 8.500ns


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ddr4_3200_cas13.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	68674

    I know different kit, but I'd imagine that kit but I bet yours could do it without issue and likely at a lower voltage than mine. Running 1.39v for Cas 13 here. I can get this to boot at Cas 12 at 1.45v but I run into some crashes and it's not stable.
    Last edited by Shadowdane; 11-05-2017 at 03:20 PM.

  5. #5
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    164
    Posts
    7,454

    One needs to factor in the burst time (each column access is followed by a burst). With that in tow, you'd be looking at DDR4-4000 landing at 10.5ns these examples. And if one can keep the sub-timings tight at CAS 17, then DDR4-4000 would be more performant than the lower operating points. On the 4200 kit, it should be doable.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Aperto VIRGINIA

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    One needs to factor in the burst time (each column access is followed by a burst). With that in tow, you'd be looking at DDR4-4000 landing at 10.5ns these examples. And if one can keep the sub-timings tight at CAS 17, then DDR4-4000 would be more performant than the lower operating points. On the 4200 kit, it should be doable.
    So how can I optimize it? For the 4133 there is a short bios expected?


    Thank's

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array tijgert PC Specs
    tijgert PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)P775DM3-G
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
    ProcessorIntel 8700K (delidded)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-4133C17D-16GTZR (x2)
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    MonitorAcer XB321HK
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 2GB
    CPU CoolerEK block with dual 420 custom loop
    CaseLian Li PC-A70
    Power SupplyEnermax Revolution 950W
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Logitech 502
    Mouse Pad desk
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS W10 pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    11

    Exclamation

    If it won't post at 4133 you may need the exact 4133 timings, which I happen to have as I have the 4133 kit.

    Would you do me the favor and then send me the SPD info from your 4266 kit? Use Taiphoon Burner from http://www.softnology.biz/files.html to read what your SPD says (I'd like to have all the timings to OC my kit 100% identically to the 4266 sticks, not just the first 4 popular ones).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timings1b.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	72575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timings2b.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	72576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timings3b.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	72577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timings4b.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	72578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XMP enhancerb.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	72579

  8. #8
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Hello mates,
    do you still encounter issues to boot with XMP enabled @ 4266 Mhz cas 19 ?
    At my side, 8700k (SR3QR) @ stock speed and Vcore on auto, I'm fine booting . However, I raised CPU VCCIO and CPU System Agent Voltage to 1.22v.
    Bios is last on date, 1602.
    Kits are 2 x F4-4266C19D-16GTZKW (so 4x8 Go) but not led ones.

    Hope you're now fine.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    536

    Looks like that particular kit is not on either GSkill / Asus QVL for that board....unless I've missed it....what is interesting though is that the quad kit is....the kit should still be able to run at that speed....( no guarantee)...just may have to tune the memory manually.
    Last edited by Phillyflyer; 07-26-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array cypeak PC Specs
    cypeak PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-G
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill F4-3600C17D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Palit GTX1070 Super Jetstream
    MonitorDell S2716DG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 250GB & 1TB
    Storage #2Toshiba TR-150 1TB
    CPU CoolerScythe Mugen 5
    CaseAntec P6
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus Plus Platinum 550W
    Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL
    Mouse Speedlink Omnivi
    Headset Roccat Kave XTD Stereo
    cypeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyflyer View Post
    Looks like that particular kit is not on either GSkill / Asus QVL for that board....unless I've missed it....what is interesting though is that the quad kit is....the kit should still be able to run at that speed....( no guarantee)...just may have to tune the memory manually.
    it doesn't matter.
    the kit _must_ work at least on stock speed. (otherwise this woul indicate a serious and general problem with the jedec standard..)
    the qvl is not worth much on asus board it seems - with the note "it's OC an therefor not guaranteed" basicaly you don't have any reliable information, even if they tested it on the speed as noted in the qvl.
    in the end you can allways blame the "silicon lottery" when it's not working with intended oc spec.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •