cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supreme FX Hi-Fi DAC Microphone Issues

CaptainPhaser
Level 7
I've spent the past few hours combing through posts about this DAC here and found plenty of users experiencing issues. For myself, the DAC works great with my headphones, but I recently tried to use a mic through it (that works fine in the rear I/O onboard sound) and cannot seem to get the mic to work well at all. You practically have to yell into it to get it to pick up a bit of sound at all. I noticed that in older drivers, the mic appears correctly in the Windows sound options as a microphone (but sound does not work with these older drivers), but in the latest driver, it appears as a line in. Even when changing from Line to Mic and back again in the Asus DAC software there is no change.

Has anyone been able to get their mic to work properly through this DAC?

Relevant Info:
Motherboard: Rampage V Edition 10
Headset: HyperX Cloud II
DAC Driver: 1.9.114.26
DAC Firmware: 1.6
2 REPLIES 2

pndiode
Level 11
Nope! Driver version 1911423 on the VIII Extreme Assembly (Win 10 Pro version 1803), but microphone level is in the dirt.

Microphone level is in the dirt with driver version 1.9.114.26 as well.

pndiode wrote:
Nope! Driver version 1911423 on the VIII Extreme Assembly (Win 10 Pro version 1803), but microphone level is in the dirt.

Microphone level is in the dirt with driver version 1.9.114.26 as well.

That's crazy! I noticed that the same DAC is also included with the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME/ASSEMBLY motherboard as well. With all the various threads on this DAC, I can't believe that Asus has failed to resolve the issue. This DAC is sure to have added a nice premium to the retail cost of these motherboards, and yet they do not have full functionality. Especially for a special "ROG 10th Anniversary" motherboard. Is there no one from Asus that can respond as to why they haven't gotten the drivers to work properly?

The RVE 10 is a board that I would think Asus designers would take great pride in creating, and the customers who purchase it are buying it because they love Asus products as well. Both the RVE 10 and the ROG Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly remain on sale with this DAC included.

I will try opening a support ticket to see if that peaks any interest, but I will also be leaving an appropriate review from where I purchased this board until this issue is addressed (If at all).