cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe I should name my rig ‘ money sponger’

Rob_W_
Level 12
Well the rig is back in pieces again, every time I get it built and running ( running well) I come up with another idea! *All in an effort to make it better.
First adding water loop, then deliding cpu, next dual loop, followed by usb hubs, more fans gpu mod and on the list grows,,
Now it’s in pieces adding aquaera 6xt and inlet/outlet sensors and if that is not enough, altering loops so I can connect the chiller, i am setting it up so I can have cpu,or gpu or both together on it, talk about plumbing wizardry!
Shunt mod on gpu ( silver pen) was not as beneficial as hoped so also piggybacking shunts with 5mo resistors.
Anything else I can do while I’m at it,? Lol
I didn’t think I would ever run short of room with the obsidian 900d case but have to say things are starting to get tight.
*Arne summed it up with his Moar thread*:D
42 REPLIES 42

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
LOL 😉

Sometimes you just gotta have moar!

Where's the pics?

Nate152
Yep, I think Rob went Extreme on us. 🙂

I'm curious how much lower temps are with the chiller, and if cooler temps and the shunt mods help with overclocking the Titan V moar. The shunt mods allow it to draw more power so in theory it should overclock moar.

Do the shunt mods allow you to raise the voltage and power target, and if so how much ?

With a chiller and delidding your cpu, this should be a huge reduction in cpu temps.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hey Nate, yep! I’m definitely going overboard this time lol.
Shunt mod from what I can gleem from net; is using 5mo resistors allows it to pull double the power it thinks it’s getting, thereby removing the power throttle, ( this only enables card to hold Oc for longer) core and power can be increased but Once the power throttle is removed the only hurdle is thermal throttling, seems above 42deg throttling starts.
So as these cards love the cold, using the Chiller should remove any thermal issues and then fingers crossed that all of this leads to better Oc ( hopefully without blowing anything up lol).

*I nearly shouted ureka! When I finally figured how to get either or both on chiller, had to order loads more ( moar) fittings so rig will be down a while but I am quite excited to see just what sort of results *it will produce.
Will post back on that one ,,,emmett lathrop eat yer heart out!
Will go and play with m8e while waiting for poste’y, lol*

Rob_W_
Level 12
Delid being done,
Rig after delid and results,
74905**
74906*
Good results so far.
Now for the shunt mod
74907*
After rebuild its think again time not the results I’d hoped for.
74909**
So another stage of rig in pieces,*
Taps, temp sensors x6 + human coolant lol
*74911**
So at the stage now of waiting for resistors to arrive, (from the US, they even wanted to know what they were being used for?) then I will start the soldering.
Connect fans and pumps to aquaera 6xt, connect in the chiller and test away, will post results.
Will not be using cryofuel this time! It’s taken ages to clean gunk out and that was from a weak mix!,
Also found out why I couldn’t post pics,, had Live Photo set on ipad:p
:D*

Rob_W_
Level 12
One of my rambling scetches on water loop,, after coolant .you asked for the pics Arne!
74915*

Rob W. wrote:
you asked for the pics Arne!

I did!

Looking good!

But when I asked for some pics I never bargained on the artwork! That loop is a Miró surely

Vlada011
Level 10
Beautifull RIG. And Hardware.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Cheers Vlada.
*Main problem with the idea will be getting the plumbing to look reasonable, just so many taps need to be accessible to switch in the chiller when it’s needed.
Quick disconnects for removal of chiller and should a pump Fail the other would take over.:cool: i think.!

Nate152
I see you're only 500 points behind Menthol now, you're moving on up !

Just wondering if you got this flow sensor, if you did you want to calibrate it to 169 pulses per litre.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=2294

The Aquaero 6 is one sweet fan controller, it's expandable with power adjusts and can control two pwm pumps. Everything can be controlled with aquasuite which is super nice.