cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Wake-On-Lan for Maximus X Hero mobo?

MikeJeffries
Level 9
Does anyone know how I can set up Wake-On-Lan for an Asus Maximus X Hero motherboard? I can't seem to get it to work.

TIA!
4 REPLIES 4

Krowne
Level 7
MikeJeffries wrote:
Does anyone know how I can set up Wake-On-Lan for an Asus Maximus X Hero motherboard? I can't seem to get it to work.

TIA!

This should be set up at first.

UEFI: Advanced > APM Configuration > ErP Ready DISABLED > Power On By PCIE ENABLED

Windows: Power & Sleep Settings > Addtional power settings > Choose what the power buttons do > Turn fast startup OFF

Windows: You may also need to activate (Wake this computer bei WOL) under Device Manager > Network Adapters > $Intel/Realtek NIC.
Although, i think it's enabled by default, already.

Krowne

Krowne wrote:

UEFI: Advanced > APM Configuration > ErP Ready DISABLED > Power On By PCIE ENABLED

Windows: Power & Sleep Settings > Addtional power settings > Choose what the power buttons do > Turn fast startup OFF

Windows: You may also need to activate (Wake this computer bei WOL) under Device Manager > Network Adapters > $Intel/Realtek NIC.

Krowne

Thanks I'll try it

Krowne wrote:

Krowne

Why do you shut off Fast Startup? Mine was turned on
Also, which Remote Desktop programs work with Wake-On-Lan? Would you know?

MikeJeffries wrote:
Why do you shut off Fast Startup? Mine was turned on
Also, which Remote Desktop programs work with Wake-On-Lan? Would you know?

Fast Boot is enabled by default and you need to disable it to make it work.
AFAIK Teamviewer has an option to send a WOL packet prior connecting to a specific client.

Krowne