cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 55

AlekzMVP
Level 7
I have a brand new Asus Maximus X Formula Mobo with a brand new Intel i7-8700k CPU and a brand new Corsair Ram KIT CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (2x8GB DIMMs 3000MHZ CL15)
I have been getting a blank screen and Q-code 55 on every boot of my computer, The Q-LED Error always says "CC" and a few seconds later it says"55".
7 REPLIES 7

Phillyflyer
Level 10
The error 55 is memory related....try reseating the memory first to ensure its snug.....and try posting memory @ default 2133mhz...if still..no go...try the kit in the other 2 ram slots...your memory is not being detected ..take that route first...before reseating the chip.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Phillyflyer wrote:
The error 55 is memory related....try reseating the memory first to ensure its snug.....and try posting memory @ default 2133mhz.....take that route first...before reseating the chip.

I tried to reseat, test every stick of RAM in single mode.. but the mobo still says "55"

NarfTV
Level 7
AlekzMVP wrote:
I have a brand new Asus Maximus X Formula Mobo with a brand new Intel i7-8700k CPU and a brand new Corsair Ram KIT CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 (2x8GB DIMMs 3000MHZ CL15)
I have been getting a blank screen and Q-code 55 on every boot of my computer, The Q-LED Error always says "CC" and a few seconds later it says"55".

"CC" means clear cmos. So clear CMOS and try again. Maybe take out the Battery of the board for a little while. I know that clear cmos button havnt reliably worked on some bios versions for the formula, since i got the same board.

Nate152
Hi AlekzMVP

Have you tried:

Clear Cmos button
Mem OK button
Flashing the bios

If it's still not posting, it could be the cpu cooler is too tight or you may have some bent cpu socket pins. You could check the cpu socket with a magnifying glass and remount the cpu cooler making sure it's not too tight.

xherics
Level 7
You need to exchange your RAM for an other. I had the same problem on Z270 Maximus IX Code, it is just not supported by the MB, even it is in the QVL.

The error could be caused by an air or liquid cooler. If you have recently place a new bracket for the cooler or decided to tighten the old bracket, you might have bent the motherboard a little and cause the RAM lanes not to sync with the mobo. It is possible and that's what happened to me. After taking out the CPU and playing musical chairs with the DIMM slots, the issue was solved by giving the bracket some slack and not mounting the aio so the hoses pull on the unit itself. (I have a liquid cooler).

Hopefully this helps someone.

Cheers.

I had this issue with a brand new setup and it was bent pins in the socket, Even though you may think you inserted the CPU carefully check it again carefully with a mag glass, It's so easy to move one of these little pins out of place, I wish they would go back to solid pins on CPUs rather than these flimsy crappy one's on current sockets.