cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio v1.1.17 and Steam Overlay

Ljugtomten
Level 9
When the application "ASUS ROG 7.1" (Sonic Studio v1.1.17 available from the drivers page), the Steam Overlay is not available when playing Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

When exiting Sonic Studio, the overlay is available.
7 REPLIES 7

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Steam overlay and Sonic Studio are working fine on my end.

I've noticed that the overlay does not work for all games, whether with or without Sonic Studio open.

Might be worthwhile to check for any other causes:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9394-yofv-0014

Ljugtomten
Level 9
I've tried all the common options to repair Steam and the individual game and it is only closing Sonic Studio that reenable the Steam Overlay in CS:GO.
Steam overlay is working in other games when Sonic Studio is running, for me it is only affecting CS:GO.

I have recently reinstalled Windows 10 (1807) and the same issue have been present for me before the reinstallation.

I'm running the game in 2560*1440 full screen, if that makes any difference. (SLI + G-Sync)

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is there a particular reason why you need Sonic Studio open while you play? We'll look into it, but this is a simple fix for now. The Audio Station should have all the controls you need when the software isn't open.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Is there a particular reason why you need Sonic Studio open while you play? We'll look into it, but this is a simple fix for now. The Audio Station should have all the controls you need when the software isn't open.

I don't need to have Sonic Studio running while playing, I am reporting this for the developers of Sonic Studio to correct the software.
I can't see any reason why Sonic Studio would need to perform hooks in the OS that is blocking out other software.

As Sonic Studio is configured to autostart by default after installation of the drivers, this is also a way to alert other customers if they encounter this exact problem.

Short term workaround is to close the application (or disable autostart for it) but the long term should be to correct the software.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks for reporting it. We'll need to test on more system configurations to see if we can replicate. It would help us if you can include your system specs, and Windows version/build. Are you using the beta firmware for the Centurion?

Ljugtomten
Level 9
OS Version: 10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134 (1803, Problem existed also in previous builds)
Sonic Studio v1.1.17
Sound Card FW v1.05
Control Box FW v1.5 (Will not update to a beta as we who got the first batch of headsets had enough problems with the mic)
2x Gigabyte 980 G1 Gaming in SLI, latest nVidia drivers (problem occurs regardless of driver version)
ASUS ROG PG278Q

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does the issue occur only when you please CS:GO? Any other games?