cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download Sonic Studio?

Kiicki
Level 7
I have an "Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming" motherboard, and the latest audio driver doesn't come with Sonic Studio for some reason. The latest audio driver also says "Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver."

In other words: Uninstall previous audio driver (Realtek) that will automatically also remove Sonic studio, to then install the latest Audio driver that only includes Realtek driver.

This is their own software. Why isn't it available for download? I have heard a few people mention that you can install Sonic Studio from the CD that came with the motherboard, but I'm not sure if they are referring to: Sonic Studio standalone installation, or just a part of an old audio driver which should be uninstalled if you want the latest audio driver. I also don't have a CD drive.

I also believe it's "Sonic Studio 3" I'm looking for.

Edit: Asus, If you are going to remove Sonic Studio from the latest audio driver, at least include a standalone Sonic studio download somewhere.
17 REPLIES 17

Nate152
Hi Kiicki

I don't think they removed sonic studio from the ROG boards.

Go ahead and install it from the support center, sonic studio 3 and sonic radar 3 should install with the Realtek audio driver.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Kiicki

I don't think they removed sonic studio from the ROG boards.

Go ahead and install it from the support center, sonic studio 3 and sonic radar 3 should install with the Realtek audio driver.

I have tried, and Sonic Studio isn't included in the latest audio driver. I could of course install an older audio driver version, but they suggest you to uninstall that if you want the latest one because of a different driver structure.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Kiicki wrote:
I have tried, and Sonic Studio isn't included in the latest audio driver. I could of course install an older audio driver version, but they suggest you to uninstall that if you want the latest one because of a different driver structure.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Hi I have ROG Strix GL703VD where can I find the Sonic Studio 3 and Sonic Redar for my device.

Thanks

RizRise wrote:
Hi I have ROG Strix GL703VD where can I find the Sonic Studio 3 and Sonic Redar for my device.

Thanks

If you did a fresh install of the OS and didnt save your eSupport folder the only way to get it is to find someone else with the same machine that still has the folder and have them share it with you.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nate152
Would you like to do a remote access so I can see what's going on?

I see sonic studio 3 and sonic radar 3 are listed.

If you would like to do a remote access, install Teamviewer.

Let me know yes or no, I'll install teamviewer too. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Would you like to do a remote access so I can see what's going on?

I see sonic studio 3 and sonic radar 3 are listed.

If you would like to do a remote access, install Teamviewer.

Let me know yes or no, I'll install teamviewer too. 🙂

What do you mean that you can see Sonic Studio/Radar on the latest audio driver? I'm strictly referring to the latest audio driver for my motherboard.

Here's what the latest audio driver says:

"Version 6.0.1.8480
2018/07/25147.83 MBytes
Realtek Audio Driver
Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version.
NOTICE:
Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver."

There's nothing about this driver that indicates that it has the Sonic Studio application. It's also a lot smaller driver than previous drivers. I do understand that the other 3 audio drivers does come with Sonic Studio, but Asus recommends to uninstall previous version when installing the latest because of a different structure. I have tested the latest audio driver only, and it doesn't come with Sonic Studio.

Edit: I just saw your 2nd reply. Yes, the other 3 audio drivers does come with Sonic Studio, but the latest audio driver that doesn't come with Sonic Studio suggest to uninstall previous driver versions because of a different structure. If I uninstall Realtek driver, it also uninstalls Sonic Studio/Radar.

Basically, I would end up with the latest Realtek driver with no Sonic studio application.

Nate152
Scratch that,

I see in the downloads version 6.0.1.8339 has sonic studio and sonic radar.

6.0.1.8382 might have sonic studio and sonic radar too because of the file size. Have you tried this version ?

AnonGhost
Level 11
i have some problem to but when i go microsoft store i see downloaded realteck controll panel adn sonic studio&radar
after installing latest audio driver windows automatically download sfot for driver from microsoft store
try u to man
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370E - GAMING
CPU: INTEL CORE I5 - 8600K
CPU COOLER: Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition
GPU: ASUS STRIX GEFORCE GTX 970 OC
RAM: 16GB - 2x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 850W 80+ GOLD

AnonGhost wrote:
i have some problem to but when i go microsoft store i see downloaded realteck controll panel adn sonic studio&radar
after installing latest audio driver windows automatically download sfot for driver from microsoft store
try u to man

I recently resolved the Realtek HD Audio manager not opening. Usually this happens after a clean install. Before my clean install that I did a few days ago, my Realtek manager worked flawlessly. I could open it and all. I could run Windows update, and use the latest OS without Realtek Manager breaking.

When I did my clean install the other day, I proceeded with Windows update. Then I did my drivers. First the Chipset, then the Audio, just to realize that Realtek HD Audio manager didn't actually work properly. It wasn't shown in Taskbar icon, nor in Control panel viewing large icons. Going to the installer location to launch the GUI exe file, nothing happened. I knew it was installed, and it was also enabled by default for startup in the taskbar, but it's just not running.

Well the fix is simply, do not run Windows update after a clean install. Better yet, disconnect your internet connection. After OS installation is done, install Chipset, then install audio driver. Now the Realtek HD Audio manager is working, and you can run Windows update without Realtek manager breaking.

But this isn't about that, but this is how you can easily get Realtek manager to work after a clean install. My problem is that the latest audio driver on Asus site doesn't include Sonic Studio, and that specific driver suggests to uninstall previous versions because of a different structure. Now, Sonic Studio is just an application. It's not a driver, but if I uninstall old Realtek driver that I grabbed from Asus site, it will also uninstall Sonic Studio. This will leave me with no Realtek driver, and no Sonic Studio application. If I install the latest Audio driver from Asus site, it will only install the Realtek driver since it doesn't come with Sonic Studio.

So I find it weird that Asus removed Sonic studio from the latest audio driver, and I find it even more strange that there's no separate download for a product that Asus created themself. I guess I will install the 2nd latest audio driver version from Asus site, which should install Realtek, and Sonic Studio.