cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-5300 "Smart Connect" after last update

disenter01
Level 7
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues since last firmware update?
For me, I have been using the smart connect with all 3 wifi channels, and it had been working really well. But since this last update, for some reason my Telstra TV (rebranded roku 3) would refuse to connect to the wifi, even though it can see the SSID and has full signal strength. I thought its probably on its way out, and so since we had no issues with the Nvidia Shield TV in the lounge room, I bought another one to replace the Telstra TV in the bedroom. But it's having similar issues. It says its connected, but has no internet connection. All other devices in the house have no issues at all. Pc's, phones, consoles etc.
My thinking is that the algorithm that works out what channel a device should be on, is either screwing up, or trying to push a device onto an unsupported band.

Can confirm that if i take smart connect down, and set all 3 bands myself, my second Shield has no issues connecting to any one of them, and getting to the net beyond that.

Yes I can set all devices in the house this way, and it will work, but I was really liking the idea of the smart connect for load balancing, and it was working perfectly. Up until the last update. I noted that the signature check showed one newer than I had, so let it get that, and then noted a newer firmware was available, so installed that also.

Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_21140-ge07a2dd is what is installed.

Anyone else have the same issues and a fix for the problem?

Cheers,
D.
0 REPLIES 0