Graphics Card #4Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub x 2
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-9 + Custom RGB Backplate
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG248Q 24" 1080P 240Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB + WD Heatsink
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB + 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm Fans
    CaseCorsair 680 X - Red + 3 x Corsair HDRGB 120/140mm Fans
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000w + Black Cablemod Kit
    Keyboard Asus ROG "Claymore 100%" RGB Cherry MX Blue + Black PBT Double Shot Keycaps
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Sennheiser 660s
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm + DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
    OS Windows 10 - Professional 64 Bit Edition
    Accessory #1 Beyerdynamic Fox Pro + Mic Arm + Shock Mount
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 x 2
    Accessory #3 Asus ROG Spotlight

ROG Spatha - All profiles delete every few days

Every few days I've noticed that suddenly the Spatha, Or the software called Armoury to be more precise, Will delete all profiles, The mouse pointer will only move maybe 1/4 of an inch no matter how much I move the mouse itself, Both left click and right click will be deleted, Which basically means I have to plug in my old Corsair mouse, Uninstall all ROG software, Delete all traces of it and start all over again, Also DPI options do nothing, Once I've reinstalled Armoury the mouse seems to be stuck at around 1500 DPI no matter which DPI setting I choose.

I run the mouse wirelessly but have also tried wired without the dock plugged in to be on the safe side.

This happens every few days, I've never seen this before in any product I've ever used.

Example video below, Some profiles buttons get completely erased and others have the DPI and various settings maxed out, No clue why.

Example of deleted buttons -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6Q22B3K.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	696.6 KB 
ID:	74923
    Last edited by Dicehunter; 08-01-2018 at 10:37 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array shamandgg PC Specs
    shamandgg PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL703 SCAR EDITION
    MotherboardMaximus IV Extreme
    Processori7-2600K

I am experiencing similar issue. Every day I see inside my profiles the bound keys and functions are vanishing! This is super annoying as when I switch the profile, I am in the middle of action and I notice this or that is not working... eh...

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

I use the Spatha daily, and I haven't seen the profile issue since it was fixed a few versions ago.
    Are you guys on Windows 10?
    Any other peripheral software also installed?

ROG Member Array

I have the same issue. I am using wireless mode, with the received plugged into my Strix Flare keyboard. I can use DPI button + shoulder button to switch to a different profile, but as you say, the original gets stuck at a stupid DPI once it gets over the 1/4 inch box syndrome. A few days later it infects that profile too and I have to switch to the third. I did fix it by wiping out the current version and installing Armoury 1, resetting all the profiles and then reinstalling Armoury 2. I don't think I should have to do this every couple weeks when all 6 profiles get messed up.

Windows 10

Only other software is the Logitech software for my G533 headset.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Dicehunter PC Specs
    Dicehunter PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K @ 5.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB *4x8GB* 3600MHz
    Graphics Card #2Asus GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition @ 2000/6000
    Graphics Card #3Corsair Commander Pro
    Graphics Card #4Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub x 2
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-9 + Custom RGB Backplate
    MonitorAsus ROG Strix XG248Q 24" 1080P 240Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB + WD Heatsink
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB + 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Pro + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120mm Fans
    CaseCorsair 680 X - Red + 3 x Corsair HDRGB 120/140mm Fans
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000w + Black Cablemod Kit
    Keyboard Asus ROG "Claymore 100%" RGB Cherry MX Blue + Black PBT Double Shot Keycaps
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Sennheiser 660s
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm + DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
    OS Windows 10 - Professional 64 Bit Edition
    Accessory #1 Beyerdynamic Fox Pro + Mic Arm + Shock Mount
    Accessory #2 Corsair ST100 x 2
    Accessory #3 Asus ROG Spotlight

Well it did it again, Had to plug my Corsair mouse in and reset all the profiles and the majority of the time it doesn't matter what I reset them to they don't change.

Also I've noticed when I do manage to set my DPI down to 800 after a while the mouse feels like it's back to around the 1500DPI mark and this happens when the mouse comes out of sleep mode, Also even setting the DPI to anything after a while does absolutely nothing once the mouse has come out of sleep mode, Even setting it to 50 does absolutely nothing.

@Asus, Maybe something to look into ?

Video example -

Last edited by Dicehunter; 08-15-2018 at 07:34 PM.

ROG Member Array

So I noticed it kills a profile when I had it on the dock the entire time the computer was booting. I've switched to wired and haven't lost a profile yet.

Losing profiles in the way you have explained, it's possible that:
    1. The mouse and dock are/have both been connected at the same time (fix by reverting all profiles and settings to defaults in Armoury 1).
    2. The version of Armoury II may not be the latest (2.06.04), check Live Update.
    3. Firmware may need to flashed again (let me know if you would like the firmware for manual update).
    4. A particular hardware config (test on another system if possible), or software (perhaps from other peripherals) is causing a conflict.
    5. The corrupt profile wasn't fixed properly (fix by reverting all profiles and settings to defaults in Armoury 1).
    6. A fresh Windows installation may be needed, or see if the latest update is the cause or needs to be installed.

I have personally tested waking up the system from sleep mode numerous times with the mouse docked, in wired and wireless modes, and with lighting synced to the Flare and Claymore. So far I still haven't lost any profiles. Please check the steps above.

ROG Member Array

I would like the manual firmware update.

1) I do not plug the mouse and the dock in, one or the other. The same cable comes off of the Flare to connect to the dock or now the mouse that I've switched to wired mode.
    2) It is 2.06.04, I just bought this mouse and keyboard a month ago.
    3) Yes please
    4) Only other non ROG peripheral is the Logi G533 headset mentioned earlier as I need metal construction and no tiny plastic swivels with my large head.
    5) To fix the profiles both times, I did use the advice earlier to completely uninstall (using IObit) and use the old version, this does fix the profile but not what causes it to break in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    I would like the manual firmware update.

1) I do not plug the mouse and the dock in, one or the other. The same cable comes off of the Flare to connect to the dock or now the mouse that I've switched to wired mode.
    2) It is 2.06.04, I just bought this mouse and keyboard a month ago.
    3) Yes please
    4) Only other non ROG peripheral is the Logi G533 headset mentioned earlier as I need metal construction and no tiny plastic swivels with my large head.
    5) To fix the profiles both times, I did use the advice earlier to completely uninstall (using IObit) and use the old version, this does fix the profile but not what causes it to break in the first place.
    Please check your inbox, link to firmware sent.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Please check your inbox, link to firmware sent.
    Run Dock/Receiver update, got failure message.
    Unlug dock, plug in mouse.
    Update mouse, worked fine.
    Unplug mouse, plug in dock.
    Run Dock/Receiver update, gets 3/4 through then dock shuts off.
    Power down pc from power button, power back on.
    Dock and mouse still unresponsive. Mouse begins to flash repeatedly (Not breathing, on/off flashing) but cursor/clicks do nothing. Dock lights not on.
    Power down pc from power button, power back on.
    Press pair on dock, nothing happens. Hold pair on dock for ~5 seconds, dock light flashes on/off red
    Turn off/on mouse and press pair, nothing happens. Hold pair, nothing happens.
    Reboot, and plug mouse back in, works fine.
    Research pair procedure and read that dock is supposed to flash green after button press, not need ~5 seconds and flash red.
    Try other USB ports on dock, no change.
    Uninstall Armoury 2 via iobit, reboot.
    Install Armoury 1, reboot.
    No change on dock
    Uninstall Armoury 1, install Armoury 2 reboot
    No change on dock
    Reboot, and plug mouse back in, works fine.

Dock appears to be bricked and the dock update will no longer launch at all, likely because it cannot detect the dock.

Edit: I was able to get it flashing red again after plugging it into my Surface Pro and it installed as Dock Bootloader so I ran the firmware from there and brought the dock back to life. I will report back if it breaks profiles again as it seemed to happen every few days when wireless.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 08-20-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast