cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a sound card casue instant reboots

makavelich662
Level 7
Hi everyone i recently got my hands on a used xonar d2x sound card, but ever since i installed i keep getting these reboots like someone pulled the plug, they never happen while playing, one happen right after startup most happpen while listeing to music or surfing. i have removed the sound card, and havent experience any since.

My build is

Corsair 350D
B350 TUF plus gaming
1600x non oc
noctua nh-d15
Ripjaws v 8x2gb FA3200C16-8GVKB (runnig DOCP)
GTX 1080 Windforce
M2 nvme 250 GB samsung evo 960
RM650X

My 12+ voltage sit 11.902 falls sometimes 11.837, dont know if this is relevant.

Have run memtest86 3 hours something and realbench stress 4hours, no problems
4 REPLIES 4

Volt
Level 9
Sounds like the device is defective. Or the the connection is defective. Maybe try returning the sound card for a replacement and trying that?

Volt wrote:
Sounds like the device is defective. Or the the connection is defective. Maybe try returning the sound card for a replacement and trying that?

it was a used i got almost free

I wonder if it's similar to this... https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036071

chevell65
Level 12
Yes it's quite possible for that to happen.

I've had the Asus PCE-AC66 dual band wireless adaptor 'drivers' causes issues with freezing when turning on and shutting down my Asus Strix Z370H board. The wireless still worked but the freezing issue forced me to purchase something newer. The same device still works on my 780i board with no issues. I think the problem relates more to the drivers rather than just the hardware.

I also have an Asus Xonar D2 but I'm sure that would not work with my 8th gen Z370 board either.