cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20aj with g20cb motherboard? G20cb with two ssds?

The_Conscript
Level 7
Interested in a couple upgrades as of late! Now the questions I have are quite... unique... I would think, so any discussion/two cents is appreciated!

1) If I purchased a g20cb motherboard, would it fit in the g20aj case? And from here could I swap all my components onto the g20cb?
A couple years ago I successfully swapped a g20aj-ABC for a g20aj-XYZ motherboard (Not going to look up the specific models lol).

2) I know my g20aj has a sata SSD port which I've utilized. I know the g20cb has a pcie m.2 SSD slot. Does the g20cb have both, in that I could fit two SSDs in? (Not sure if that even exists lol).

Or maybe I should save up for that sexy next gen g21!!!
2 REPLIES 2

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
hello and welcome, the G20CB motherboard should be the same as the old G20AJ motherboard, if you remove the optic drive and the old 1TB mech hdd, then you could install 3 ssd's into the system easy, the G20CB has the m.2 slot but only fit the old gen m.2 but not version's like nvme or anything newer, the bios would need updating that asus hasn't update the bios for years, so stick to normal ssd's and m.2 ssd. plenty of videos on my channel and other people on how to install them, let me know if you need any more

Whoopee

Cyb0rge
Level 7
The Conscript wrote:
Interested in a couple upgrades as of late! Now the questions I have are quite... unique... I would think, so any discussion/two cents is appreciated!

1) If I purchased a g20cb motherboard, would it fit in the g20aj case? And from here could I swap all my components onto the g20cb?
A couple years ago I successfully swapped a g20aj-ABC for a g20aj-XYZ motherboard (Not going to look up the specific models lol).

2) I know my g20aj has a sata SSD port which I've utilized. I know the g20cb has a pcie m.2 SSD slot. Does the g20cb have both, in that I could fit two SSDs in? (Not sure if that even exists lol).

Or maybe I should save up for that sexy next gen g21!!!

Did this mother board swap work?