cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VII Hero Uefi crash while updating Uefi (from 0702 to 0804)

jonny-foo
Level 7
Hi Guys.

I have already mentioned here that I experienced some stability issues with the Uefi of the Crosshair VII Hero (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103794-Bug-Report-Crosshari-VII-Hero-(C7H)-(0702)-UEFI-han...). Yesterday I have seen that there is a new Uefi Version 0804. I decided to flash the Uefi today. So before starting the update process I disconected my USB-mouse (the cause of my stability issue mentioned in my previous post) and started my system and booted into the Uefi. I am already running my Uefi with default configuration so I did not reset the Uefi, nor did I clear the CMOS. Essentially, I frogot to restore the Uefi default settings. I used the Internet -> DHCP option in the ASUS EZ Flash 3 utility to download the Uefi file. The file downloaded quickly and correctly. Then the "Processing..." bar started. But it is now stuck at about 60% for over 10 min. The PC is still running and I am not going to turn it off at the moment because it will probably corrupt the Uefi.

What is my best plan of action now? I have no idea what to do now. Can a Uefi that has been currupted during the update process be restored using the "ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3" utility? I really need some help and good news now.

I hope your day has started better...

UPDATE: after about 20 min the Uefi has now completed the update to the 0804 version. So if you're in the same boat wait for atleast 30 min before trying something else...

Regards,
Jonny
1 REPLY 1

brkkab123
Level 7
Next time try downloading the new UEFI and put it on a flash drive.
That's how I do it with every UEFI update and the install is usually finished in 1-2 minutes.
Granted, I'm not on the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) I plan on getting soon.
I'm still on a Maximus VIII Hero on this pc and a Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 on my old pc.
After I have the Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) it's going on this pc.
The Maximus VIII Hero, 5500K and ram are replacing the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 in my old pc.
AMD Ryzen R7 2700X is awaiting the new mobo and new ram.