cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Announces X399 Cooling Kits (Zenith Extreme,STRIX X399-E,X399-A)

csbin
Level 7
27 REPLIES 27

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I have active cooling on both places already...and back of board...so all good...

Unfortunately it will be 43 degrees today so it will all be cancelled out LOL

FlyingBear
Level 7
@Arne Saknussemm, what active cooling do you use on the SOC please? I'm using an EKWB loop, including the monoblock on CPU/VRM, and have a GTX 1080 Ti Hydro in the first PCIe slot, and can't see a good way to cool the SOC. The new heatsink looks cool (sorry, can't help myself), and I wonder if it'll be available separately.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I have my board out on a test bench so it is easy to stand/rig fans about where I want...in a case this solution will be a good one...but when I was in a case I used to make sure I had a fan dedicated to VRM too...I'll sacrifice pretty for cool any time so I'd even jury rig something in place...even with the new heatsink it's going to need airflow...

I know glass side panels are all the rage but I used to like the side fan in a HAFX for example:o

@asus staff : are you actually going to provide these thermal upgrade kits to your customers for free, knowing that we have already paid a premium price for our motherboards (that should have been properly designed from the start and have this thermal headroom by default) ???

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
"Provided separately on request" it says so yes, it looks like it will be free...get your receipt handy I guess

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
"Provided separately on request" it says so yes, it looks like it will be free...get your receipt handy I guess

I just write about that on TPU before 2 days...
ASUS should give to people for free and now you say they decide to do that.

You see, I didn't mistake when I recommend you to go directly to Zenith Extreme.
Now you could install 32 cores on same motherboard.
I always thought that's best AMD motherboard ever launched.
But it's even better with EKWB Monoblock and small 240mm radiator, pump/res attached to radiator and watercooling.

Vlada011 wrote:

But it's even better with EKWB Monoblock and small 240mm radiator, pump/res attached to radiator and watercooling.

LOL I guess you missed what happened with EK and there TR4 blocks 😉

bump for release info.

Anyone requested this kit so for? How much time does it take to receive this free cooling kit?

I've submitted my request to the Hungarian Asus service desk on 23/09. Received answer on 09/10 that this item is not available in Hungary I should look for it on Ebay or Amazon. lol
After another round, where I was complaining and threatened them that I will share their approach with an Asus costumer with the whole net they were asking for the invoice of the purchase of my motherboard on 30/10. They have got it on the 06/11 now I am still waiting for their answer...

Is this normal?

Just read the posts on page 2 and 3.

WTF Asus?! Seriously?