cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G30 Tytan not turning on

Pete
Level 7
Hi team, I have a Tytan G30 that has an intermittent issue where the PC does not turn on.
When I hit the power switch, the computer tries to turn on, making all the correct fan noises etc and the keyboard lights up but literally after a few seconds it seems like there is not enough power being delivered and the computer goes in to an idle mode.

The blue light under the front of the case does not switch on so I know the computer is not working at this stage.
This has been happening intermittently over the last 12 months but now it won't turn on at all.

Usually when this happens I can hold down the on button for about 20-30 seconds and it fires up but nothing I am doing is getting the PC on now.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas how to figure out what the problem could be?
I am not very technically astute with computers so please keep it dumbed down for me LOL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Pete.
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
I Had The same PC G30AB , Same Issue , Here Is What Was Replaced To Fix ,, New Power Supply , New OS Hard Drive , The Repair Shop told me the 128GB SSD was faulty from the day I bought the G30AB , As The PC Would Randomly Reboot , on its own , Cost Of Repair was 500 Dollars , from Best Buy Geek Squad , Plus W 10 DVD To Install The OS , You Can Install All The Needed Drivers {W8.1} From The G30 Asus Download Page , if the SSD is Defective ,

toronto699 wrote:
I Had The same PC G30AB , Same Issue , Here Is What Was Replaced To Fix ,, New Power Supply , New OS Hard Drive , The Repair Shop told me the 128GB SSD was faulty from the day I bought the G30AB , As The PC Would Randomly Reboot , on its own , Cost Of Repair was 500 Dollars , from Best Buy Geek Squad , Plus W 10 DVD To Install The OS , You Can Install All The Needed Drivers {W8.1} From The G30 Asus Download Page , if the SSD is Defective ,

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

toronto699
Level 13
One Other Note , It Is Worth While To Fix Your G30 , Its A Very Good PC , Not Much In Hardware Has Changed , Since The Unit was Put On The Market ,