cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate help required

rishabh878
Level 7
Hello everyone. I am experiencing some issues with my newly bought ASUS motherboard. It takes a lot of time to boot. First it is stuck on windows logo for about 15 minutes and then on a blank screen with my movable mouse cursor for another 15 minutes making it a wait of about 30 minutes. I installed windows 8.1 on my system and it was working fine but after I install my ASUS chipset drivers, I am left out with this boot problem. The shutdown speed is good. My computer specs are given below:-

Asus A68HM FM2+ socket motherboard [newly bought]
AMD A6 7400K Radeon R5 processor [newly bought]
8 GB DDR3 RAM [newly bought]
WD 160GB HDD (Primary) [newly bought]
Samsung 500GB HDD (Secondary)

Please help me with this issue !!!!
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hi rishabh.
If your board is booting ok and getting to windows and then hangs, I would double check that you loaded the correct drivers, if they are ok ?
Then try re-installing windows , seems a windows conflict may be going on.

Rob W. wrote:
Hi rishabh.
If your board is booting ok and getting to windows and then hangs, I would double check that you loaded the correct drivers, if they are ok ?
Then try re-installing windows , seems a windows conflict may be going on.

I did it with a new windows. The drivers I got from the asus site. I ran my PC with a new windows without installing the drivers, worked so good !!!. And now I have installed the drivers, its back to ****ty startup speed. definitely not the windows or the drivers.

F0x135
Level 7
I had this happen to me earlier in the year, taking up to 30 mins to boot on a brand new 8700K build.

Turned out one of my old drives was dying. Unplugging that and everything booted in 30 secs. One of your drives could be dying, even the new one might be faulty.

F0x135 wrote:
I had this happen to me earlier in the year, taking up to 30 mins to boot on a brand new 8700K build.

Turned out one of my old drives was dying. Unplugging that and everything booted in 30 secs. One of your drives could be dying, even the new one might be faulty.

I checked both the drives separately. They seem good. I don't know what is the error here

well of all the equipment I have bought new, I didn't bought a new CPU cabinet. Is it an issue with the cabinet? some power issues or something?

Rob_W_
Level 12
I can’t see the case slowing it down, seems most likely a Driver conflict,
Did you remove the drivers before installing the new ones? *Also are you on latest bios?*

Rob W. wrote:
I can’t see the case slowing it down, seems most likely a Driver conflict,
Did you remove the drivers before installing the new ones? *Also are you on latest bios?*

Thanks soo much bro !!! YOU helped me finally !. well the BIOS was latest and yes I did install the drivers after removing the previous version. Well courtesy of your advice, I was browsing through the BIOS, saw the fan speed and found the error. I was experimenting(having fun) with my old processor fan and plugged it to the chassis fan port and forgot. I guess the extra fan was causing power shortage to the motherboard. I removed it and now everything is just fine. P.S. My boot speed is now around 17 seconds ! :p:p:p Thanks anyways dude. !

chevell65
Level 12
I think it's very likely that the Asus drivers are the cause of the issue.

You can try using a restore point in Windows to go back to before you installed the faulty chip set drivers. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Rob_W_
Level 12
rishabh glad you got it sorted.
Have fun:)*