cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X470-I

CatManDoobi3
Level 7
Hi all, I have an issue with updating my bios for my Asus rog strix x470-i.

I grabbed the newest 0901 bios from Asus but after updating I had no sensor feedback and it seemed as though any change in bios outside of default optimized settings would introduce stability issues.

I can't seem to find many users experience with this mb so I was hoping someone else had experienced this issue?

I rolled back to 0601 bios and all sensors read just fine now as well as being able to support changes in bios settings such as multiplier, voltage etc.
2 REPLIES 2

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Looking at its support page I also see an 0804 bios so did you try it too? Sometimes bios updates are better left alone and if it isn't broke don't fix it. If you haven't tried the 0804 you might if you want a more recent firmware otherwise if everything works then I'd leave well enough alone.

I've broken things before with a bios update that forced me to roll back to an older version that better suited my hardware.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X470-I-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

aaraujo
Level 7
Same here. I found 0804 and 0901 buggy. Flashed 0601 back.
With 0901 the CHA_FAN does not respond to temperature variations while in PWM mode. 0601 seems to be fine in this regard.