cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme Q-Code 00 first then boots after recovering bios settings

Daggi
Level 7
Hi
I am having a problem with my Rampage V motherboard. When I disconnect the power cable or there is a power outage and i try to start the computer the motherboard says 00 in the Q-Code panel. Then I have to hold the power button to turn of the computer. But after this the computer boots and says overclocking failed press F1 to recover bios setting. When i have done all my bios settings, the PC boots just fine until i pull the power cord again or power outage. I have tried removing my RAM and used only on stick but still the same. Tried changing the battery. I have tried several bios versions with no luck, even tried two other bios chip's from my other Rampage V motherboard. So the big question is if the board is dying 😉 😄
Is there anything I can do to figure out what's wrong?

Rampage V Extreme
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor
G.Skill memory F4-2400C15Q2-64GRK
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
Corsair AXi 1200
Intel SSD 750 Series 400GB
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi Daggi

It seems it's something power related, I personally keep power to the board when it's off.

If all is fine with power to the board when it's off, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Daggi

It seems it's something power related, I personally keep power to the board when it's off.

If all is fine with power to the board when it's off, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Most off all I'm just curious about the problem and what it is. Besides that I can live with it 🙂 I guess I'll upgrade to the new Threadripper later:D