cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL703 SCAR EDITION - Screen Off toggle issues [RESOLVED]

shamandgg
Level 9
Hi,

Whenever I try using the function key [FN] + [F6] to turn off monitor screen, when I walk away from laptop for a while but do not want to shut it down, or when I set OS to do it after certain minutes of idling, the screen comes back ON by itself after just moments and I do not understand why. I have tried turning the mouse upside down, same thing... So it can't be the mouse movement I think? Touchpad is off too.
4 REPLIES 4

prevostmario
Level 7
Maybe it goes in standby mode, like screen saver, or something waking up your laptop,,,, close everything in the taskbar... use a malware software or anti virus check for malware in you internet browser.

Does your laptop overheat,,, mine gpu 89-90 cpu 94-96...
shamandgg wrote:

Hi,

Whenever I try using the function key [FN] + [F6] to turn off monitor screen, when I walk away from laptop for a while but do not want to shut it down, or when I set OS to do it after certain minutes of idling, the screen comes back ON by itself after just moments and I do not understand why. I have tried turning the mouse upside down, same thing... So it can't be the mouse movement I think? Touchpad is off too.

shamandgg
Level 9
Hi, thank you for your response. I have everything installed stock, without any additional software, but Steam, Discord, TeamSpeak and few games. I have done malware check. I still can't pin-point what is causing the screen to come back on again if I choose to turn it off or if it goes off under power setting.

shamandgg
Level 9
I have found out it must be my wired ROG Spatha mouse that is causing it, even if I flip the mouse upside-down, screen still goes out of 'sleep/off' mode. However when I have unplugged the mouse, I could maintain screen in off/sleep mode. How weird!?

shamandgg
Level 9
This has been resolved by new software drivers for ROG Spatha.