Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Problems with new system (C7H + 2700x)

    Hi, i recently built a computer and while it works pretty well ive found 2 different problems with it.

    1.- Sometimes at boot it won't past through Asus ROG screen. With 3 different Q-Codes, 9C, A0, and b4 (or64?¿?) last one its the one that appears the most.

    2.- Sometimes, while playing or watching youtube i get a small hang with distorted audio (around 1-2 seconds long), and after it happens, every time i open CPU-Z or HWMonitor it hangs (on CPUZ it hangs on PCI). I've tried a lot of things, but i can't get what's causing it. I can't even reproduce the hangs in order to do proper testing. Things i've tried:
    - 3 Different nvidia drivers versions.
    *- Tried both with XMP on and off.
    - Updated Bios to 0804 from 0402.
    - Passed Memtest for 3 hours without any problem, and another memory tester from inside windows for another 2 hours, no problems detected.
    - Chskdsk gives no errors on any of the disks
    - Uninstalled chipset drivers.
    - sfc /scannow found no errors.
    - Disabled VSS service. This was curious, as when i disabled it after an error *and opened cpu-z the hang did not occur (and it always occurs after i get a random hang, until i restart)
    *- Disabled super fetch. Didn't actually get a screen hang (at least not while i was using the computer) but cpu-z still crashed.*

    I can't narrow it to what it could be. Before i disabled superfetch there were some ESENT events with code 916, now it seems like those errors are not there anymore but i get nvidia drivers crashes.

    Man im so happy with the performance of this computer but im thinking about returning it all as a whole and getting a 8700k. So much headaches....
    *Thank you in advance!


    EDIT: Computer specs

    Ryzen 2700x
    Crosshair VII Hero
    GSKILL tridentz rgb 3200 cl16
    Samsung evo 970 m2 ssd
    ROG GTX 1080
    Crucial 128gb ssd
    Corsair RMx 650W*
    Last edited by montyro; 08-05-2018 at 12:23 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array syldon PC Specs
    syldon PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus crosshair VII
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 F4-4000C18Q-32GTZKW running at 3466 14-14-14-28
    Graphics Card #1MSI 1080
    Graphics Card #2MSI 1080
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorAsus PB287Q X 2
    Storage #1480gb M2 samsung m961
    Storage #21tb 850 evo and 2tb 850 evo
    CPU Coolercorsair hydro 110i
    Casegeneric
    Power Supplytitanium 1600w platinum
    Keyboard corsair strafe
    Mouse logitech g700
    Headset logitech g930
    Mouse Pad corsair duo
    OS Windows 10 po
    Network RouterVirgin media super hub 2
    Accessory #1 https://imgur.com/KRQSu70
    syldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    198

    Quote Originally Posted by montyro View Post
    Hi, i recently built a computer and while it works pretty well ive found 2 different problems with it.

    1.- Sometimes at boot it won't past through Asus ROG screen. With 3 different Q-Codes, 9C, A0, and b4 (or64?¿?) last one its the one that appears the most.

    2.- Sometimes, while playing or watching youtube i get a small hang with distorted audio (around 1-2 seconds long), and after it happens, every time i open CPU-Z or HWMonitor it hangs (on CPUZ it hangs on PCI). I've tried a lot of things, but i can't get what's causing it. I can't even reproduce the hangs in order to do proper testing. Things i've tried:
    - 3 Different nvidia drivers versions.
    *- Tried both with XMP on and off.
    - Updated Bios to 0804 from 0402.
    - Passed Memtest for 3 hours without any problem, and another memory tester from inside windows for another 2 hours, no problems detected.
    - Chskdsk gives no errors on any of the disks
    - Uninstalled chipset drivers.
    - sfc /scannow found no errors.
    - Disabled VSS service. This was curious, as when i disabled it after an error *and opened cpu-z the hang did not occur (and it always occurs after i get a random hang, until i restart)
    *- Disabled super fetch. Didn't actually get a screen hang (at least not while i was using the computer) but cpu-z still crashed.*

    I can't narrow it to what it could be. Before i disabled superfetch there were some ESENT events with code 916, now it seems like those errors are not there anymore but i get nvidia drivers crashes.

    Man im so happy with the performance of this computer but im thinking about returning it all as a whole and getting a 8700k. So much headaches....
    *Thank you in advance!

    Q-Codes, 9C, A0, and b4 point to things that rely on the SOC. This could be voltages or bad memory setup. No one can really point you in any direction though without specs and a bios dump.

    You can drop a text dump of all your bios settings with the bios menu under tools and then profiles. Add a copy of
    the stilts timing checker also would help


  3. #3
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by syldon View Post
    Q-Codes, 9C, A0, and b4 point to things that rely on the SOC. This could be voltages or bad memory setup. No one can really point you in any direction though without specs and a bios dump.

    You can drop a text dump of all your bios settings with the bios menu under tools and then profiles. Add a copy of
    the stilts timing checker also would help

    Sorry, how could i forget to put my complete pc on description, my bad there. Bios is stock, using a Skill trident z 3200 CL16. I'll put them on description now, and try getting the bios dump in a while when i get home, thanks!

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    ROG C7H Zen 2700x wont boot

    hi Just built this today
    Asus Rog c7h
    Corsair vengeance c15 3000 (on the list)
    ryzen 2700x
    Nvidia gtx 1030
    samsung 970 evo new clean
    It will not boot to bios no image on screen just stops at OD on q code. I have tried the ram in different slots, one slot only etc any one any ideas pleas

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,000

    Quote Originally Posted by garrywoodley52 View Post
    hi Just built this today
    Asus Rog c7h
    Corsair vengeance c15 3000 (on the list)
    ryzen 2700x
    Nvidia gtx 1030
    samsung 970 evo new clean
    It will not boot to bios no image on screen just stops at OD on q code. I have tried the ram in different slots, one slot only etc any one any ideas pleas
    If you have Q-CODE: 0d and Q-LED: DRAM lit (1st one below Q-CODE display, amber) then RAM is being detected at fault.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array Prydeless PC Specs
    Prydeless PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero x470
    ProcessorRyzen 3900x
    Memory (part number)Trident Gskill
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega VII
    Monitor2x Acer 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity Waterblock
    CaseLian Li
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200
    Keyboard Logitech g610
    Mouse Logitech g602
    Headset Steel Series Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Steel Series RGB XL
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Prydeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Welcome to C7H - where you have to reset/reboot about 10 times a day for it to post.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,000

    Had mine since launch, really can't agree with that.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array Prydeless PC Specs
    Prydeless PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero x470
    ProcessorRyzen 3900x
    Memory (part number)Trident Gskill
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega VII
    Monitor2x Acer 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity Waterblock
    CaseLian Li
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200
    Keyboard Logitech g610
    Mouse Logitech g602
    Headset Steel Series Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Steel Series RGB XL
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Prydeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    Had mine since launch, really can't agree with that.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the board, so many options and tweeks in the bios, alas I see F9 pretty much daily with QVL Ram, still love her though, shes just tempermental sometimes.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
    gupsterg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    103
    Posts
    1,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Prydeless View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the board, so many options and tweeks in the bios, alas I see F9 pretty much daily with QVL Ram, still love her though, shes just tempermental sometimes.
    I don't think QVL RAM means much. I have used non QVL RAM, albeit Samsing B die single rank/sided sticks, which pretty much is catnip to Ryzen IMC.

    On my very first 2700X I was able to gain 3533MHz with decent stability. Issue was, I'd randomly have Q-Code: F9 with Q-LED: DRAM lit. I tried various changes to profile and I'd either get rid of POST issue, but lose testing stability in OS or I'd have testing stability in OS, but have random POST issue. Solution was to roll back RAM OC to 3466MHz.

    My 3rd 2700X is attaining 3600MHz, but showing signs same as my 1st, so now I may use sleep/resume (as POST process differs) or roll back RAM OC.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

    TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

    24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array Prydeless PC Specs
    Prydeless PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero x470
    ProcessorRyzen 3900x
    Memory (part number)Trident Gskill
    Graphics Card #1Radeon Vega VII
    Monitor2x Acer 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo
    CPU CoolerEK Velocity Waterblock
    CaseLian Li
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200
    Keyboard Logitech g610
    Mouse Logitech g602
    Headset Steel Series Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Steel Series RGB XL
    OS Windows 10 Home
    Prydeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    The last solution I have found is that if I set bios to optimized default and just redo everything it works. Bit of a pain (I could set up profiles lol) but for an expensive board like this, you expect their not to be issues such as the F9 code especially if its on the QVL list. Not a huge deal, but like a little splinter in your hand that just annoys you lol.

    I'm currently using Gskill trident rgb 3200 14 14 14 34 and can get it to run @ 3400+ (I think its 3444 - EDIT - 3466) at stock voltage, usually have to boot twice but once it boots its golden, good idea on the sleep mode!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •