cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Intel optane to boost secondary drive (HDD) but OS installed on nvme

dragon434
Level 7
so basically I have windows installed on a samsung 950 nvme and optane 32gb in the other m.2 slot and a 3gb seagate hdd for storage.

I tried to install optane software but it keeps telling me intel RST is already installed, then when removing intel RST it says optane is not compatible with my pcie drive and does not even let me install.

Has anyone done this successfully or am i just wasting my time?
3 REPLIES 3

Praz
Level 13
Hello

A secondary drive needs to be formatted as GPT for Optane acceleration.

Praz wrote:
Hello

A secondary drive needs to be formatted as GPT for Optane acceleration.

Thanks for the reply,

I understand that but the problem is I cant even install the optane software, it just tells me its incompatible cause im using a pcie drive.

dragon434
Level 7
Hey guys i figured it out, so if u have your OS on a NVME install the intel optane stick into the other m.2 slot then install the lastest intel RTS software, dont need the optane software, go into the bios boot options make sure your sata mode is set to intel RST and the m.2 slot your optane drive is located set to enable port remapping, then go to boot options -> CSM then on "boot from storage devices" change to "UEFI driver first" this will make the intel optane tab show up on the RTS Software. After u go back into windows go to disk managment and initialize the optane disk, make sure ur secondary disk is in GPT and just enable optane on the RTS software and choose the HDD you want to boost.