cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with USB devices on a Hero X

will_s
Level 7
Have this problem that certain devices will occasionally not load correctly at boot. These devices include Fanatech V3 race pedals , Corsair Mouse, Simlogic Button Box, Steel Series Wireless Headphones just to name a few.

Now have had most of these devices on previous system and never had that problem. Win 10 and this motherboard and maybe the Z370 chipset don't get along that well. Majority of times things work but then the pedals will work but now correctly ( about 1/10th stopping power ) , on another occassion the mouse won't work at all and last item not to work was the wireless headphones. Usually unplugging the device and plugging back in gets the drivers to load correctly for button box, mouse and wireless headphones . For pedals I go to properties and select manual then select auto and they work fine.

I have not gone to the latest BIOS because I know it won't be fixed there as I don't think Asus think its a problem from there end. But I will be installing it once I am sure it doesn't pose any problems.

The thing is this is an expensive motherboard and part of the Maximus range and they shouldn't have these problems. And yes, have tried in different USB ports. Surely I am not overloading the USB system on this motherboard ?

Have a Corsair Commander plugged in , Mouse, Keyboard, Button Box, Game Controller, Pedals, Wheel, Wireless Mouse, external hard drive ( turned off but plugged in ).
will
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
May be unrelated, but on my X299 setup, I have a set of Fanatec pedals that I frequently have to plug back in for them to work correctly. Seems to be some strange incompatibility that I think is more related to driver than the motherboard.

As for the general USB issues, you may want to remove devices systematically to see if it has an impact on how well things work.

will_s
Level 7
talked to Fanatech about it and they had some beta drivers that I used and it improved it from 30% failure to 10% failure. And Raja if you open the Fanatech Wheel Property Page / Game controllers and select the pedals and properties then tick enable manual mode, wait a couple of seconds and then untick and they work fine. Have the Fanatech Wheel Property Page on my Taskbar.....sometimes need to alt-enter to get out of fullscreen and then change and alt+enter back again
will

Raja
Level 13
I'll see if I can do that on the Elite pedals. Think the driver is somewhat different.

Let me know if you manage to find out if any of the USB devices are impacting compatibility. Might be able to ask for a replication. Could be one of them, or a combination...