cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X299-DELUXE: are these temperatures normal?

FoxAdriano
Level 11
Hi, in my town now there are around 30 °C. I attach a pic of the temperatures of my PC. Are these temperatures normal? I see 68 °C. ufffff
Some info please? Thnaks
8 REPLIES 8

mpoffo
Level 10
FoxAdriano wrote:
Hi, in my town now there are around 30 °C. I attach a pic of the temperatures of my PC. Are these temperatures normal? I see 68 °C. ufffff
Some info please? Thnaks

Can you please indicate if that is at idle or at load?

If your ambient is 30C, then those processor temps are inline. Your H150i is at 40c. Maybe up the fan speed or find some air conditioning?
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

mpoffo wrote:
Can you please indicate if that is at idle or at load?

I'm sorry my inexperience but I don't know how I can do it.

mpoffo wrote:

If your ambient is 30C, then those processor temps are inline. Your H150i is at 40c. Maybe up the fan speed or find some air conditioning?

I don't have air conditioning. The only thing I can tell my PC is very near a windows mut there is no wind gusts at all. The air is still.

PS: Another my problem is the slowness of showing the desktop when I turn on the PC. It needs around one minute. It is very slow. I inform you I updated the BIOS 10 days ago and the Asus X299-DELUXE motherboard resetted everything. A technician assembled my PC. I know how I can enter in the BIOS, I entered there many time but I don't know what I have to do precisey.

Put the fan profile on Performance and don't run any programs. The temperature of the CPU should just be above room temperature which is anywhere below 40c. Now run a program like Prime95 and the temperature will increase.

I don't know what the 68c temperature is referring to. It could be the VRMs if you're using an AIO and they don't have good air flow. If it is the VRMs then it's fine, they can take the heat. If you can place a fan over the top of the motherboard to blow cold air onto the VRMs then I would recommend it.

RickieAbbott
Level 7
Set your pump pressure to max, it should be 2700 rpm
also double click the Led and set to Temp

what other fans are installed in your Case ?

RickieAbbott wrote:
Set your pump pressure to max, it should be 2700 rpm
also double click the Led and set to Temp

I'm sorry but I don't see that option to put 2700 rpm. I have 3 options "Performance, Balanced and Silent". I attach a pic. Before it was on Silent, now I put it on Balanced.

RickieAbbott wrote:

what other fans are installed in your Case ?

I have Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Full Tower and I don't have intalled any other fan. COOLING SYSTEM: Corsair H150i 360mm cooler.75065

mpoffo
Level 10
I think it the 68 reading is referring to the VRM's which tend to be much warmer but your within spec there. At idle means when you just at the desktop with no other program/games going. Under load is with a game running or some other program that is putting stress on the computer.

I agree to turn the pump up to Performance. Also I am not sure of the airflow of your case. Other that the fans cooling the 150i what other intake or exhaust fans do you have? Is the 150i fans set up as exhaust (pushing air out). You could perhaps cool things down slightly by adding more case fans and/or configuring them differently.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

FoxAdriano
Level 11
I don't know anything because my new computer was assembled by a technician recently. I posted only to understand if the tempereratures are OK in the summer.

FoxAdriano wrote:
I don't know anything because my new computer was assembled by a technician recently. I posted only to understand if the tempereratures are OK in the summer.
Then get the side panel off and take a look. It might have been assembled by a "technician" but you can improve on it if need be. Unless there is some sticker preventing you from removing the side panel which would void the warranty.

From what you've said, there is no fan blowing air onto the VRMs which you should have to keep them cool when running programs.