cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 7/24 rem overclock.

kaptanedi
Level 10
If xmp auto-opens, IO / and sa / volt75047 automatically rises to about 1.35- What is the safe interval for 7/24.
17 REPLIES 17

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
You don't want to be straying too far from 1.35v as an imposed limit on VCCIO and SA for daily use.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
You don't want to be straying too far from 1.35v as an imposed limit on VCCIO and SA for daily use.

Can we be stable? I / O and s / a volts 1.4 continuous. xmp activates itself. it will not be stable. do these settings cause system corruption?75137

For that frequency, some CPU likely need that much voltage. Although you may be able to get the system stable with less. 1-2000% coverage is enough, call it stable and use the system. After a few days, perhaps attempt to lower the voltages and retest. At those frequencies, you might be losing some performance anyway due to the sub timings.

Silent Scone wrote:
For that frequency, some CPU likely need that much voltage. Although you may be able to get the system stable with less. 1-2000% coverage is enough, call it stable and use the system. After a few days, perhaps attempt to lower the voltages and retest. At those frequencies, you might be losing some performance anyway due to the sub timings.

Thanks for the answers. you think performance is slow at these speeds. I understand. That's all I can do.

kaptanedi wrote:
Thanks for the answers. you think performance is slow at these speeds. I understand. That's all I can do.

Well, you could go back to 3800-4000 and tighten down if you wanted to reduce the System Agent voltage needed, it's up to you. Nobody can give you a definite answer on how safe 1.4v is on those rails.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
double post

Korth
Level 14
"Safe" parameters are Intel's rated specs, technically speaking, anything else is overspec (overclock) and "unsafe" if your focus is rated reliability/longevity.

But you should be able to "safely" exceed 1.35V on an APEX (with good PSU and cooling). I'm always reluctant to increment voltages unless doing so increases stability without turning my machines into furnaces, I get kinda timid and throttle clocks back down at >1.37V haha (I want my stuff to be reliable and to last a while, I don't care as much about pushing unsustainable high scores).

Overlocked settings which are "safe" and work perfectly today might fail tomorrow (or next year, or never), it's the nature of the beast.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
"Safe" parameters are Intel's rated specs, technically speaking, anything else is overspec (overclock) and "unsafe" if your focus is rated reliability/longevity.

But you should be able to "safely" exceed 1.35V on an APEX (with good PSU and cooling). I'm always reluctant to increment voltages unless doing so increases stability without turning my machines into furnaces, I get kinda timid and throttle clocks back down at >1.37V haha (I want my stuff to be reliable and to last a while, I don't care as much about pushing unsustainable high scores).

Overlocked settings which are "safe" and work perfectly today might fail tomorrow (or next year, or never), it's the nature of the beast.

I know just to give the right to pieces by pushing the boundaries. :). unfortunately we do not use any hardware until we lose it quickly. due to renewed systems every year. The safe setting for me not to fire in 2-3 days ...

kaptanedi
Level 10
There is a balance between CPU frequency and ram frequency. How high is the maximum MHz ram speed with the CPU with 5.2GHz speed?