Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPein View Post
    The warranty will be voided if a sticker on one of the screws on the system board is damaged. I had this sticker on the screw on the SSD. Of course, the fan connector is below the SSD.

I already put the Teflon tape on the connector to prevent it from accidentally moving. I have now succeeded in solving the problem that the fan does high spin: liquid metal heat conductor (GPU, CPU), new video card fan (the old one had a coffee grinder sound after half a year), the latest Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Drive (DPTF_Intel_CFL_W10_64_V84105016067). I don't know why, but half a year ago the win8 driver was still available for win10. The file you download in its name contains the win version (W10 or W8.1). It is hidden under "other" in the download center.
    Win10 Enterprise is installed on the machine (I had problems with Pro after 1.5 years). It is still running (4 days ago) and it will turn out how long. The fan shows a quarter-year-old dust, which I only brushed with a toothbrush and then blown it out with compressed air.

If you have already disassembled the machine, be sure to look at this cable. The monitor cable for me was pinched to connect the power circuit.

Attachment 83871
    Attachment 83872

My god, I never thought there was a fan interface under the SSD. I always thought there was only one fan interface to control two fans, so I kept trying to plug the CPU fan interface to fix my GPU fan. Because only the CPU's fan interface is directly visible on the motherboard. God I solved my problem, thank you!

New ROGer Array PowerPein PC Specs
    PowerPein PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GS
    MotherboardASUS Rog Scar II
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)Kingstone hyperx 2X16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Geforce GTX 1070
    Sound CardRealtek/ USB Roccet Juke
    Monitor1080P 144 Hz
    Storage #1Toshiba SSD PCIe
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA III 2 TB
    Power Supplyoriginal
    Keyboard USB ASUS strix tactic pro
    Mouse TRUST gaming mouse
    Headset Sonic G910 7.1 vibration
    Headset/Speakers Genius GX 3000 2.1
    OS Win 10 Enterpise
    Network RouterASUS RT AC 1200 G

Quote Originally Posted by 棽木 View Post
    My god, I never thought there was a fan interface under the SSD. I always thought there was only one fan interface to control two fans, so I kept trying to plug the CPU fan interface to fix my GPU fan. Because only the CPU's fan interface is directly visible on the motherboard. God I solved my problem, thank you!
    Willingly. When I was about to replace the fan, I once checked where the fan cable was connected. Since there was no video or comment on it, I thought I'd share it if other people had the information.

New ROGer Array

The fix for me was the fan plug. The left fan plug was nice and tight in the connector but the right fan (the one that would always stay on high) was loose. Securing that plug into the connector fixed the issue.

PowerPein PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GS
    Processori7-8750H
    Monitor1080P 144 Hz
    Power Supplyoriginal
    Mouse TRUST gaming mouse
    OS Win 10 Enterpise

Information update: my GPU's fan starting after high speed used. I connected the game center to my mobile and GPU fan speed writed 0.
    Also writes 0 to the CPU fan, but when I switch to overboost mode it shows the current speed. I dont no why, GPU fan a liltele moment writed on speed. Aida64 running stability test and the program sends the speed at which the fan's RPM. Approximately 10 minutes after the program stops running, the fan speed drops to 2400 RPM and shows how much it is turning.
    I think a security feature of the system is that if you do not detect the fan speed, you would rather drive it, just not a heat load problem.

Up (03.11.2020): I don't no why, my GPU's fan working high speed, but not running game or high quality video. I found a solution: select this video option: cloning screen ( TV does not have to be turned on) and waiting few minute's. GPU fan working silence mode and I re select on normal mode (
    Only the laptop screen). GPU's fan running silence a next startint time.
    Last edited by PowerPein; 03-11-2020 at 03:41 PM.

New ROGer Array

amazin

wow your post is amazing . annd god ideas creation thank yu to your job bro
    Coc hack

New ROGer Array

Same issue

i have the same problem,
    i tried to put of the fan cable and abbatery cable, a reput in it. it worked one time. i tried again but it didnt worked anymore.
    i don't know what i can do.
    i ask you if you have thought more issue to try.

New ROGer Array

The fix worked well for me so far

As the title goes, I'm here to share my experience with the issues we are all facing.

After sending my laptop for a warranty claim, ASUS swapped in a new motherboard on my laptop and only worked properly for about a week before it goes havoc. This time around, it got worse than before. I decided to take the matter in my own hands and it had worked way better than expected. I followed all the steps in this thread along with some other forum threads.

Steps taken:
    • Reconnect the fan headers
    • Discharged my laptop (disconnect any external drivers and charger. Hold down power button for about 20-30s)
    • Reconnect the battery
    • Tighten the heatsink screws (be careful with the warranty sticker, I temporarily removed it and put it back after tightening)
    • Used a gaffe tape (Polyken 512 Vinyl Coated Cloth Gaffer’s Tape) to secure the connectors. Replaced a missing tape on one of the fan connector the technicians forgot to put back located below the m.2 mount.
    • Wrapped an extra layer of gaffe tape around the exposed colored wires of the fan connectors (making it fully covered). I'm hoping this would reduce the "static" interference causing the fans to go haywire.
    • Secured the fan wires by taping it to the PCB to prevent any movement since I am travelling with it often
    • Reinstalled Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework, updated to BIOS 311 and latest NVIDIA driver
    • Set to Whisper Mode in Geforce Experience (not sure if it plays a role here but trying my luck)

Backup plans:
    • Reapply thermal paste on GPU and CPU with Noctua's thermal grease (had it in hand from previous builds)
    • Send it in for warranty again and hopefully the technicians find another way
    • [AFTER WARRANTY] Apply liquid metal for cooler temps

Steps taken has worked well for me about 2 weeks now. Will keep you guys updated on mine in a month. But do try it out. I did not undervolt my cpu just yet and I will..
    Last edited by iDiabolic; 04-05-2020 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Advice given by Tor_Spo. Cheers

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by iDiabolic View Post
    As the title goes, I'm here to share my experience with the issues we are all facing.

After sending my laptop for a warranty claim, ASUS swapped in a new motherboard on my laptop and only worked properly for about a week before it goes havoc. This time around, it got worse than before. I decided to take the matter in my own hands and it had worked way better than expected. I followed all the steps in this thread along with some other forum threads.

Steps taken:
    • Reconnect the fan headers
    • Discharged my laptop (disconnect any external drivers and charger. Hold down power button for about 20-30s)
    • Reconnect the battery
    • Tighten the heatsink screws (be careful with the warranty sticker, I temporarily removed it and put it back after tightening)
    • Used a gaffe tape (Polyken 512 Vinyl Coated Cloth Gaffer’s Tape) to secure the connectors. Replaced a missing tape on one of the fan connector the technicians forgot to put back located below the m.2 mount.
    • Wrapped an extra layer of gaffe tape around the exposed colored wires of the fan connectors (making it fully covered). I'm hoping this would reduce the "static" interference causing the fans to go haywire.
    • Secured the fan wires by taping it to the PCB to prevent any movement since I am travelling with it often
    • Reinstalled Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework, updated to BIOS 311 and latest NVIDIA driver
    • Set to Whisper Mode in Geforce Experience (not sure if it plays a role here but trying my luck)

Backup plans:
    • Reapply thermal paste on GPU and CPU with Noctua's thermal grease (had it in hand from previous builds)
    • Send it in for warranty again and hopefully the technicians find another way
    • [AFTER WARRANTY] Apply liquid metal for cooler temps

Steps taken has worked well for me about 2 weeks now. Will keep you guys updated on mine in a month. But do try it out. I did not undervolt my cpu as I want to maximize it's usage from my workloads whenever I'm not at home.
    it's almost 90% the fanconnector and the most left side pin that gets disconnected and the problems start.
    also undervolting (properly) does not take away horse power from your cpu..
    I Have very good 8750h and I can undervolt 180-200mv and my scores stay the same.
    The QUALITY of your CPU is the factor that determines how much you can undervolt.

PowerPein PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GS
    Processori7-8750H
    Monitor1080P 144 Hz
    Power Supplyoriginal
    Mouse TRUST gaming mouse
    OS Win 10 Enterpise

What else I tried: I put aluminum tape on the video card fan connection wire. A ground cover closest to a connector is routed to a mounting screw (with a unique aluminum tape). The healthy one was insulated in a circle with a thin Teflon tape. Since then, the video card fan speed control has become much better.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello, and thanks for all the helpful info in this thread

I have been struggling with my left fan too, since around january this year on my GL504GM. I have been looking at all sorts of things, mostly software related. Today I tried opening up the computer, I removed the M.2 drive and tightened the fan-wire for the right fan (just in case, according to PowerPeins's pictures), and did the same thing to the left fan-wire connector.

I have now booted up again 5 minutes ago, and it all seems to work as normal. As I am writing this I have been cycling trough silent, balanced and overboost, and altough I feel the overboost option now feel very silent (compared to 7 months of max RPM), I think it works as normal now. The computer has been completely useless lately, the fan has been so loud that you could hear it from other rooms in the house, even when nothing was running on it. I do hope that this fix lasts, but if it does not, I have a strong feeling that another thightening of the fan wires, and possibly taping them in place will do.

I will update you if anything changes here

Thanks again!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4