cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix SCAR II GL504GS Fan Question, Stuck on High for a while?

gguertin145
Level 7
I pre ordered this laptop and have had it for a few weeks now but last night had an issue where the fan was basically stuck on high no matter what I did. I tried turning everything off, rebooted, shut down and restarted.

Today after being off all night it was on high for a while when it started but seems to be working normal again? Has anyone had an issue like this before? I would understand if I was playing a game but I was just on the internet my cpu was 4% ram was 24%
43 REPLIES 43

iqwan1997
Level 7
I had the same problem as well specifically on the left fan only. Reset windows a few times and nothing has changed. Then, I use DDU program to uninstall the nvidia driver and what happen is that, Around 30 mins ~ 2 hour after rebooting the system the fans were back to "normal" and the hotkeys is working BUT once I opened any apps that spike the cpu or laptop usage for a second, the fan starts to participate into another marathon again.

I've got the problem with GPU fan, it so loud with temperature about 40 degrees and I can't regulate it with "gaming center", fan speed the same for different modes. Helper app for android says, that GPU fan speed more than 500076863

I am having the same problem, the fan starts running full speed on startup and after a few hours it sometimes returns to normal. I have updated the bios and installed all drivers from the asus support website, but that does not help. Any ideas?

Some steps you can take:
-unistall rog gaming center
-update windows
-update/flash the BIOS. If you cannot update because you have the last version, flash it with EZ flash.
-unistall nvidia driver
-open your computer, disconnect fans, clean them and reconnect them.
-reset windows

If none of these work, I would wait for a better answer. The problem may be a hardware issue, but it is more likely it is a software issue.

Are the CPU/GPU running at full clock speeds?

Hi, the last two weeks I had no problems, but since last Friday the left-fan is at full speed all the time, while the system does absolutely nothing. I updated all drivers again and upgraded the bios to version 505, but that didn't help.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this, as the laptop is unusable at the office and at meetings.

Thanks, Jeroen.

eworuoewroiewriouoeiwur wrote:
Hi, the last two weeks I had no problems, but since last Friday the left-fan is at full speed all the time, while the system does absolutely nothing. I updated all drivers again and upgraded the bios to version 505, but that didn't help.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this, as the laptop is unusable at the office and at meetings.

Thanks, Jeroen.

305 actually ...

My GL504GS is under pressure first 15-30 minutes after launch because of Malware Executable service "eats" CPU, check whether it's your case.

Also, please notice that fan control on GL504GS mostly exclusively belongs to hardware control.

I would also like to take a loon on AIDA stress-test (both GPU + CPU under pressure). Thank you.

McCoy wrote:
305 actually ...

My GL504GS is under pressure first 15-30 minutes after launch because of Malware Executable service "eats" CPU, check whether it's your case.

Also, please notice that fan control on GL504GS mostly exclusively belongs to hardware control.

I would also like to take a loon on AIDA stress-test (both GPU + CPU under pressure). Thank you.

The cpu usage is 1 percent and the fan is on max. 77425

EfK89
Level 8
Have you guys disable fast boot and then restart or shut down? Most of my issues with the GL503VM dissapeared with fast boot.

Been dealing with this for a while, found a fix, see here:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?106535-ASUS-ROG-gl702vm-Fans-always-max-speed-even-when-ID...

(basically, it's most likely an NVIDIA driver issue)