cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG gl502vs freezes on Asus logo after restart

Brandon_C
Level 7
Title almost says it all. Every time I do a restart(including for system updates) it freezes on the Asus boot screen. No spinning dots to indicate its loading. Have waited up to 10 minutes with no change. Funny thing is if I "shut down" instead of "restart" if turns on fine. I've tried disabling Asus and Windows 10 fast boot but that makes no difference. I cant do a system restore because it does a restart, which as you can guess, freezes on the boot logo. Simply powering it off when it freezes and powering back on will kick everything back on fine.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
5 REPLIES 5

Oktanio
Level 7
1have you for any reasson make a bios update if yes wicth one
2 be more detail about your model?
3 you have try to make a clean windows instal ?
4 you have try to make a bios load default?

Oktanio wrote:
1have you for any reasson make a bios update if yes wicth one
2 be more detail about your model?
3 you have try to make a clean windows instal ?
4 you have try to make a bios load default?

1. I have not made any bios updates.*
2. Model GL502VS-DS71
3. I would prefer to not wipe my OS with a fresh install unless I have no other options. I am on the Fall creators update. Also, if its a hardware issue I’m kind of afraid to try as windows restarts several times on installation.
4. I’m not sure what you mean by this but I can get into the bios on “restart”.

I’m not entirely sure when this issue started as I pretty much never restart it. Just shutdown or sleep.*

4 if you enter in bios you can find an option that is to load default settings

I think is a software issue and not a hardware problem
If you have win 10 you can make a install with out loss of any program only the windows files will be installed

I can give a link for that

But for the moment try this one here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Same issue here on GL502VS-DS71 (bios v.302).
This restart freezing issue occured after clean install of Windows.
The strange thing is that when restart is required from a new program installation it works. The freeze happens only when I use restart command from the Start Button or I try to restart in Safe Mode. Also, if I force stop the laptop during restart using the On/Off button it works. This is the only way I can start the PC in Safe Mode.
Asus GL502VS, with 256GB Samsung NVME, 1TB HDD, 32 Gb ram.

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
Sounds like MBR is rekt ?