cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage 5 bios updateloop

paessi
Level 7
Tryed to update bios, and somehow i did get my bios 1 corrupted. Now as im trying to kick off with bios2 it is only on bios updating txt on screen and dosent do anything. Even if i start overagain it even wont let me go in bios settings and it just go past first screen of logo and goes to tat bios updating text.

What i can do?
10 REPLIES 10

Mr__Fox
Level 12
Have you tried doing BIOS flashback from USB?
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

ntfs usb stick and pressed button. it flash on both bios but only bios 2 starts and goes to that bios update txt and dosen anything else. Bios 1 gos on start loop, so starts, shutdowns, starts and so on.

fat32 usb stick does same thing.

does that stick need to be on after that plinking goes off and can start computer?

https://imgur.com/a/BFOeSdI bios update image
and this what code in mb
https://imgur.com/a/AEUYFSb

paessi wrote:
ntfs usb stick and pressed button. it flash on both bios but only bios 2 starts and goes to that bios update txt and dosen anything else. Bios 1 gos on start loop, so starts, shutdowns, starts and so on.

fat32 usb stick does same thing.

does that stick need to be on after that plinking goes off and can start computer?

Hi again. Sorry to hear of the struggle. The documentation is not very clear and I struggled with it previously as well. You have to use a 4GB USB 2.0 stick formatted in FAT (aka FAT16). FAT32 and NTFS will not work for BIOS Flashback. You cannot format a stick larger than 4GB as FAT. Once I figured that out, BIOS flashback worked. It always failed before.

You also have to rename the CAP file. ASUS Support originally told me to rename it M10H.CAP and that did not work for my Maximus X Hero (WI-FI AC). I later stumbled upon info by accident and learned it needed to be named M10HWIFI.CAP and that workeed. M10H.CAP did not. You will need to find out what to rename your CAP file if you have not already.

The latest ASUS BIOS update seems to have ruined my motherboard. I sent it back on RMA. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and sent it back the same way they got it. After the latest BIOS update my system is unstable with all 4 memory slots populated. Before the latest update it worked fine with 4 sticks. It only functions correctly with 2 sticks now. I'm waiting for a response from them on what they plan to do next. I've already lost a lot of time and money on this, so hopefully they will replace my board with one that works correctly.
Wraith // EVGA Z690 Dark K|NGP|N | 13900K | RTX 4090 Suprim | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @8200 | SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | HC-500A Chiller | MO-RA3 360 || DG-86
Banshee // ROG Z690 Apex | 13900KF | RTX 3090 K|INGP|N | 32GB DDR5 Hynix A-DIE @ 6800 | Corsair RM122x SHIFT | XT-45 NOVA || 5000D Airflow
Half-Breed // Precision 17 7720 | 7920HQ (BGA filth) | Quadro P5000 16GB (MXM) | 32GB DDR4 || Grade A Off-Lease Refurb

tryed your way. formated 1gb to fat16 renamed file to R5E.cap as manual tolds. Tryed to flash. bios 1 still in start stop loop. bios2 in updating bios txt.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice one...that site is 100% reputable...I've had chips from them...always worked and lasted better than the originals....

Pragmatic thing to do 🙂

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Nice one...that site is 100% reputable...I've had chips from them...always worked and lasted better than the originals....

Pragmatic thing to do 🙂

Those chip easy to change?