cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix GL503VD sound enhancement problem

Kompaktive
Level 7
Some games make my laptop speaker create a buzzing sound and the game lags every time it buzzed. Then suddenly the volume becomes very low that I can barely hear anything. After that, I noticed that Sonic Radar no longer works too, and when I opened sound panel I got an error "Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Realtek HD Audio", "Do you want to reenable it again?". I pressed yes, but it doesn't fix the sound or anything, it just creates a very low quality sound for music and creates no sounds for any games that I had to turned the volume up to 100 to hear it.

Without that enhancement, I can barely hear anything and the sound quality becomes very bad, and no longer surround sound. I had to reset my laptop and start from fresh every time this problem occurs, because it's the only fix I know but I can't do that forever.

- I have everything up to date.
- reinstalling through device manager fixed nothing, or make it worse.
- Changing my realtek into 'High Definition Audio Device' fixed nothing.
- Most importantly, my Realtek has no enhancement setting so where the hell can I reenable it?

Here is my spec:
Asus ROG Strix GL503VD (that has dual speakers in it)
Intel Core I7-7700HQ
GeForce GTX 1050
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Sorry for my bad english, Any help would be very appreciated as this problem drives me insane.
11 REPLIES 11

Kompaktive
Level 7
Maybe I was unclear, let me make it short:

1. When I opened some games, the sound lagged as it created buzzing sound followed by graphic lag. Then the enhancement got disabled (I don't know what enhancement it has, because I can't find any enhancement tab in Realtek)
2. After that incident, Sonic Radar and Sonic studio no longer worked. Sonic Radar no longer gives direction, Sonic Studio no longer apply the settings.
3. Sound becomes inaudible and low quality. I can hear music and windows system sound normally, but I can't hear any sound almost in every video games. The sound got distorted too if I set my volume up to 60. It was clean and loud before it happened.

My specific laptop is Asus ROG Strix GL503VD SCAR Edition. and Realtek HD Audio. The only solution is to reinstalling windows, which I don't want to because it happened so often.
Sorry for posting in wrong section, and my bad english.

Kompaktive wrote:
Maybe I was unclear, let me make it short:

1. When I opened some games, the sound lagged as it created buzzing sound followed by graphic lag. Then the enhancement got disabled (I don't know what enhancement it has, because I can't find any enhancement tab in Realtek)
2. After that incident, Sonic Radar and Sonic studio no longer worked. Sonic Radar no longer gives direction, Sonic Studio no longer apply the settings.
3. Sound becomes inaudible and low quality. I can hear music and windows system sound normally, but I can't hear any sound almost in every video games. The sound got distorted too if I set my volume up to 60. It was clean and loud before it happened.

My specific laptop is Asus ROG Strix GL503VD SCAR Edition. and Realtek HD Audio. The only solution is to reinstalling windows, which I don't want to because it happened so often.
Sorry for posting in wrong section, and my bad english.

help

Maybe you should contact ASUS via live-chat on their site and ask them directly?

It seems that nobody have the same issue like yours.

McCoy wrote:
Maybe you should contact ASUS via live-chat on their site and ask them directly?

It seems that nobody have the same issue like yours.

Unfortunately asus live chat only available in US and Canada. I have no time to go to ASUS Center because it always had a long queue and I believe it only repairs hardware related, as there is no problem with my hardware.

hmnnmh wrote:
help

For a workaround, I completely disable Sonic Studio and prevent it from startup again. Now I can hear in-game sound normally, with expense of bad quality sound and non-surround.

Still, I need a solution to fix because I've paid a lot for this laptop, so it's better be damn working as advertised!

This is probably too late but... Have you tried disabled Sonic Studio from startup? I did that and now I have sound in most of the games and programs. Use Sonic Studio only give me problems.

omg you're not alone, i encountered this problem too btw but im using GL503GE and it has two months of used. i had my volume forcefully low everytime i play a game (literally happened with all my games). i had close the sonic studio once. after i restarted my laptop, the problem surprisingly gone. but now, the problem come back even i updated the sonic studio to 3.6.40 the volume in game still low.

Seems like it's driver related problem. I would do a fresh win install again . and install only the needed drivers at the start like gpu driver , but without things like geforce expierence or hd audio driver . And try not installing audio driver at first and let the win do it and see from there . I hope i understood your problem correctly.
edit: and put on sound communications tab on calls to ''do nothing'' just in case .

Hello!
Was this issue solved? On my GL703GM this is pretty much everyday issue. Happens randomly (new steam chat window popup, ingame, ...).
Would be grateful to fix this 🙂

Jason_Brody
Level 7