cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 unusual high temp (80 celsius) when gaming

BL_11
Level 7
Today when I was playing fortnite my cpu reaches 80 celsius and my gpu also reaches 80 celsius which I found very unusual because it usually stays around 73 celsius, whenever the laptop temp reaches 80 degree my fps dropped from around 100-200fps to 40-50 and then It would be normal again after the temperature decreased to 74-75 and then the temp would rise again to 80 and then it would happen again, I also play uncapped fps which might be the case but i've been playing like this for 2 weeks and then this happen, any idea why this is happening? before I bring it to the rma because my warranty already expired and I dont wan't to waste my money if I can fix it myself.75128
Idle temperature after gaming, when I start up the temp was around 43 degree.
10 REPLIES 10

Spirery1
Level 7
Play with fans on 100% standard in gaming center see if that helps.As for RMA send it back at your own risk if your in the uk customers service isnt any better anyway good luck.

I am not sure but this Gaming center
Is old version?
Try to update everything first

This is the latest one for the G752VY, no other drivers have been updated since 2017 and that's only the bios and sonic studio I believe. Other than that the G752VY driver are pretty out of date.

BL_11 wrote:
This is the latest one for the G752VY, no other drivers have been updated since 2017 and that's only the bios and sonic studio I believe. Other than that the G752VY driver are pretty out of date.

Wich game you play ?

In what resolution?

Graphics are on ultra ?

You cpu have any load on idle?

Your fans are I 100% in gaming ?

Oktanio wrote:
Wich game you play ?

In what resolution?

Graphics are on ultra ?

You cpu have any load on idle?

Your fans are I 100% in gaming ?

I play fortnite with most of my settings set to the lowest settings available, without pressing scroll lock on the external keyboard which activate the full fan speed for the g752, the temp will rise incredibly fast for some reason, gpu and cpu temp seems to be the same which is 80 but that's when It decided to cooldown and I went from 144fps to 30-50fps and it will occur again if the temp reaches 80c again.

BL_11
Level 7
I suspect something is wrong with the heatsink.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
80*C is normal for this unit, depending on game. (ARK)

You can modify your unit safely if you wish, by prying off the plastic guard off the back for increased airflow. This can result in an easy 5-10*C drop.

I use a cooling deck while also using the modification..

Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSuiEEjU-E ( Do NOT use a Screw driver, like this dummy does )

Remember, you are short circuiting your cooling for everything else, I.E. your NVMe SSD's and some portions of your motherboard. (Not really anything to worry about, if room temp is fine)

My mod: 75142

romanlopez01
Level 7
check the last updates of windows and nvidia drivers
G703GI-XS98K

BL_11
Level 7