cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN'T Register my new product

PredatoR_TR
Level 7
Hello,

I bought a brand new Asus G703VI but I can't register my product. It says ''incorrect serial number'' at My Asus webpage.

I couldn't register via Asus Product Registration application as well. When I try to log in, It gives an error: *register return null

I Hope some official will help me.
11 REPLIES 11

xeromist
If nobody here has other suggestions you might try calling support. Perhaps they can tell you if there is an issue or if you can do anything differently.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Try it via app
Asus app
And report the results here

Clintlgm
Level 14
PredatoR_TR wrote:
Hello,

I bought a brand new Asus G703VI but I can't register my product. It says ''incorrect serial number'' at My Asus webpage.

I couldn't register via Asus Product Registration application as well. When I try to log in, It gives an error: *register return null

Have you set up a Asus Account? If So log in at Asus Support Download https://www.google.com/search?q=Asus+Support+Downloads&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS773US775&oq=Asus&aqs=chrome.0... this link leads to support Global or Support USA once you're logged in to your account there is a link to register a new device. Be very careful about how you type in the Serial number 0 and O can look quite a similar same with U and V I and 1 Use a magnifying glass or shoot a picture and enlarge it on your screen to ensure you are typing everything correctly.
If this still fails I would first deal with Asus Support but also the Retailer you purchased from You may have been sold a Referb that the serial number didn't get cleared or the store just fixed it and resold it to you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Have you set up a Asus Account? If So log in at Asus Support Download https://www.google.com/search?q=Asus+Support+Downloads&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS773US775&oq=Asus&aqs=chrome.0... this link leads to support Global or Support USA once you're logged in to your account there is a link to register a new device. Be very careful about how you type in the Serial number 0 and O can look quite a similar same with U and V I and 1 Use a magnifying glass or shoot a picture and enlarge it on your screen to ensure you are typing everything correctly.
If this still fails I would first deal with Asus Support but also the Retailer you purchased from You may have been sold a Referb that the serial number didn't get cleared or the store just fixed it and resold it to you.

I have had 2 Asus products before and registration was never problem before. I can't register this one. I tried everything with 0, O, Q 1, I or whatever.

I also try to register from Asus product registration app. It gives you the serial number automatically. There shouldn't be a problem with that.

I have an invoice that it is a new product with 24 months guarantee. However, box was damaged and I bought it cheaper. I hope that retailer didn't sell me a referb product or something else!!!

PredatoR_TR wrote:
I have had 2 Asus products before and registration was never problem before. I can't register this one. I tried everything with 0, O, Q 1, I or whatever.

I also try to register from Asus product registration app. It gives you the serial number automatically. There shouldn't be a problem with that.

I have an invoice that it is a new product with 24 months guarantee. However, box was damaged and I bought it cheaper. I hope that retailer didn't sell me a referb product or something else!!!

If you here in the states PM cl-albert he works for ASUS and can probably help you out.
If you have 30 day return period I would deal with the store, this is really a store issue the discount you got won't be worth much if you have to RMA it at some. Even without 30 day return if the unit is different from the serial number they sold you and you can't register it they have to give you a legitimate notebook which you don't seem to have right now.

PM cl-albert with the serial number on your invoice and the serial number on your notebook if they are indeed different
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
If you here in the states PM cl-albert he works for ASUS and can probably help you out.
If you have 30 day return period I would deal with the store, this is really a store issue the discount you got won't be worth much if you have to RMA it at some. Even without 30 day return if the unit is different from the serial number they sold you and you can't register it they have to give you a legitimate notebook which you don't seem to have right now.

PM cl-albert with the serial number on your invoice and the serial number on your notebook if they are indeed different

Hi,

I already brough t the matter to Asus. They tried to register it manually but they couldn't do it as well. They have created a ticket so that it will be resolved.

On the laptop , on the box, and on the application, it shows a correct serial number.

One think I doubt if it is possible. Since the box was damaged, maybe the retailer opened and test if the computer works and switch it off before registering. Do you think that can cause an issue since the registration period is 90 days after the purchase?

xeromist
No, turning it on shouldn't be an issue since they would have done that at the factory as well. It's possible that your serial number didn't get put into their system because they are behind or somehow that batch got skipped. Hopefully they can figure it out.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Oktanio
Level 7
PredatoR_TR wrote:
Hello,

Have try the Asus app ??

Oktanio wrote:
Have try the Asus app ??

Yes, I tried but it doesn't work. The ticket is open at Asus. Let's see the outcome.